Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • HOW HARD
      CAN IT BE
      AND
      HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE
      TO POST AN UPDATE
      ON YOUR BLOG
      THAT THE TEMPLATE
      WILL BE LATE
      AND AN
      APPROXIMATE
      RELEASE DATE?
      Create a particle for THAT! LOL
      :)
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Empowermom. Reason: adding a giggle in there
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• While I know it is frustrating that we have historically released new templates on the 1st of the month and here we are on the 3rd of the month and some of you are doing cold turkey.

As soon as we have something concrete we will announce it. In the meantime please bear in mind that the 1st of the month is a self-imposed target from RT, it is NOT a contracted deadline. So long as we release a template each month we wre sticking to our T&Cs. However, with so much changing and a delay last month there is a knock on effect and that frustrates us too. :(

All I can say is watch this space and you won't be disappointed. ;)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

• It's been well more than a year since RT hit its self-improsed deadline of the first of the month, guys; I recommend adjusting your expectations accordingly.

With that being said, I am unsubscribing from this thread after all these years. Take care, guys. :)

• Please relay to the Sacred Keeper of the Blog:
      ONE BLOG POST = THOUSANDS OF FORUM POSTS AVERTED!

Regarding template releases, it soothes the withdrawals and frees our MODs for more pressing matters, like hand holding and babysitting members learning Gantry 5. LOL

• No Terp! Don't do it. We need your kindness and sweet wit about us! It's an aura we can't live without!
      <<<sniff, sniff>>> :*(
    • webarnes
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I want to point out an observation as a dedicated 5 year member.
      Quote - historically released new templates on the 1st of the month
      That is not image or vision I have in my mind when I think of RT releases. quite the opposite and this very 531 page thread can stand testiment to the template release - All the beggeging - All the - I am clicking away refresh refresh - etc.

The very name RocketTheme implies more than a template design company but an industry leader.
      Industry leaders don't typically relax to the competition beating them to the punch each month.

So you are aware as whole "RocketTheme" I've lowered my expection to your releases a long time ago to avoid the monthly dissapointment that the themes are not ready on the first. I will not have it on before the weekend. multitde of reasonings.

The flip side for me - every release has been worth the wait. That is why everyone continues to beg on the 1st of month for information.

Transparency should be your path forward. Don't wait until the 3rd or 5th of the month to set release expectations please tell us on the 28th.

I think at some point we all need to bite the bullet and suggest that we skip a month release - get back on track and set a goal to make the first every month a deadline. Beat holidays and weekends when they interfere.

I miss the passion of "Today's the first" - my favorite day of the month. It's RT theme release day.

Regards,
      William
    • The following users have thanked you: Empowermom, wdzinc

• -- William

• For me, for many years one day a month is a celebration. It is thanks to templates RocketTheme. So do not change this. If the date of publication of the template changes, write about it.
    • The following users have thanked you: Empowermom, wdzinc

• webarnes wrote:
      I want to point out an observation as a dedicated 5 year member.
      I think at some point we all need to bite the bullet and suggest that we skip a month release ....

I was about to become your first and foremost, bestest in the world ***RAH***RAH*** squad....
      But you just gave me a full fledged heart attack and
      I'm fighting off a freakin' stroke
      webarnes wrote:
      I miss the passion of "Today's the first" - my favorite day of the month. It's RT theme release day.
      Me too. If Joomla would quit doing upgrades and RT stopped keeping up with Joomla!, Wordpress, Magento, MySQL, PHP, HTML, XHTML, DOM, CSS, SCSS, SASS, PNG, GRAV, GANTRY, JAVA, their own extensions and widgets, browser compatibility and mobile responsiveness, they would probably be on time. But hey, we demand excellence right and we don't care they aren't staffed like IBM, right? NOT! We old timers love our TEAM and it's been a rough 2 years on ALL developers, especially the GOOD ONES. God bless them one and all.

I want excellence, and it's been provided from day 1 for me. But skip a month? OMG! I'm TOO OLD to be pregnant so count me outta' that one or at least warn me I'm going to be late! LMAO
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Empowermom. Reason: added XHTML and DOM... don't want to leave anything out!
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Empowermom wrote:

Sometimes, we are adjusted to a certain method of doing things. When the inevitable "upgrade" comes, we don't see the immediate value. We experience growing pains that come with change and often miss the big picture while focusing on the details. We ALL resist change. I, for one, am seriously bad about trying to adapt the old way into the new when it's easier to just learn the new and be done with it. That just makes it harder on me.

I do not agree because there was less learning and settings at G4.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Radek,

radek wrote:
      Empowermom wrote:

Sometimes, we are adjusted to a certain method of doing things. When the inevitable "upgrade" comes, we don't see the immediate value. We experience growing pains that come with change and often miss the big picture while focusing on the details. We ALL resist change. I, for one, am seriously bad about trying to adapt the old way into the new when it's easier to just learn the new and be done with it. That just makes it harder on me.

I do not agree because there was less learning and settings at G4.

Yes, there is more to learn in Gantry 5 than in Gantry 4. Please remember that G5 allows you to be much more flexible that G4 did. Also you need to remember that Gantry 4 was much more learning than Joomla.

It will always be right for some and wrong for others and we will never please you all. What will do is provide a framework and template where you can have as much flexibility as you might need. Whether you choose to use all that is available will depend on your needs for your website. For me there is now an ability to format widths that don't rely on the 12 column grid of fixed widths. That alone is a massive jump from G4, which in turn was a huge jump from base Joomla.

The one goal we have always had is to provide templates and tools to make the job of building a Joomla website easier. For many developers G5 makes the job easier but they still have to learn how to use it to get best effect. Some developers work in niche markets and a single particle or atom can be used time and time again to great effect.

Yes there will always be more learning as things progress. If we do not learn and progress then we just stagnate, which is the equivalent of regressing or going backwards.

Happy improving to all of our members ;)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds