Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • After many years using Joomla I have found that it is not for all clients and solutions, some times you need small site for non-tech client, that means very easy to use. The answer is in the new GRAV CMS https://getgrav.org/ . And as I see profesional templates are coming to RT soon.
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web
    • WK
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• I believe that if the framework is ready/programmed, the end-user can blog away, if he keeps it simple and blogs in categories that show up on auto. But if they want some layout changes, like sidebars on/off or modules on/off you should have some knowledge (always, not only for G-5).

So that is here @ RT framework G-5, but also at all other frameworks. Also: people just have to know how to work on Joomla and Wordpress etc., that is not really your problem as a webdeveloper? Maybe you should be happy that it becomes more difficult bc of all the oppertunities: Now they NEED you!

For example: if you need a new car, way more expensive than a normal website: if it's broken you don't fix it yourself. Or if you want to enhance it with other rims f/e; you order rims and most of us can't fix it ourselves. If you drive and see: fuel is low, you fix it yes (blogging and need a new blog:P), but almost all other things you don't. That is normal isn't it, so why should it be normal that you give all YOUR knowledge to the end-user from the website.

• "Also: people just have to know how to work on Joomla and Wordpress etc., that is not really your problem as a webdeveloper? Maybe you should be happy that it becomes more difficult bc of all the oppertunities: Now they NEED you!"

I am going to pretend I didn't read that. I don't want to offend you, but it seems to me quite arrogant to think you'll stay in business long if you force an unfair advantage on your client. Exclude maintenance and/or training contracts (which should still be thorough and forthcoming in layman's terms). Charging beyond production without a contract is akin to preying on a customer's ignorance and is unethical.

ANY problem on a site I have been paid for is definitely my problem and one I will solve prior to going live. If my client "needs" me after going live, I haven't done my job properly and I probably won't get any referrals from them.

Word-of-mouth is the best advertising and the worst publicity is a disgruntled customer!
    • The following users have thanked you: Hugo Avila, VRY6

• Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• WK wrote:
      For example: if you need a new car, way more expensive than a normal website: if it's broken you don't fix it yourself. Or if you want to enhance it with other rims f/e; you order rims and most of us can't fix it ourselves. If you drive and see: fuel is low, you fix it yes (blogging and need a new blog:P), but almost all other things you don't. That is normal isn't it, so why should it be normal that you give all YOUR knowledge to the end-user from the website.

Thats a different context, in general you need a driving license to drive a car which would normally require paying someone to teach you to drive, and then you have to pay to take a driving test before you are able to drive a car on your own.
      WK wrote:
      "Also: people just have to know how to work on Joomla and Wordpress etc., that is not really your problem as a webdeveloper? Maybe you should be happy that it becomes more difficult bc of all the oppertunities: Now they NEED you!"

But unless the companies already uses either of these content management systems where they would already have in-house training, it is a system that you have decided that the customer should use from analysing their business requirements, so there is an area of responsibility in ensuring the customer is able to operate the total product that you have put together for them.

The advantage of using a 3rd party system there is already ample documentation to refer them to when they have questions.
    • The following users have thanked you: Empowermom, VRY6

• webarnes
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Can anyone provide a solid eta to 02/2016 template.
      Will we have it for the weekend or wait until Monday 02/15? ,middle of next week?
      Thanks,William
    • -- William

• webarnes wrote:
      Can anyone provide a solid eta to 02/2016 template.
      Will we have it for the weekend or wait until Monday 02/15? ,middle of next week?
      Thanks,William

Read this post Comes from Andy the Head of RT.

BTW: I think they allways refer to GTM-6 time.
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web
    • webarnes
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• ^10-4 - I've read that as well as the blog several times. the 10th came and went. Friday is at EOB in GMT-5.
      Would be nice to look forward to experimenting with a new theme when I get home today but don't want to be dissapointed with Andys Friday projection if Someone at RT already knows differently.
      refresh, refresh!

Thanks,
      William
    • -- William
    • Grant
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Development

• I sure hope we get the new template today. Would love to see if I can use it for a project this weekend. Hope to see it soon :)
    • Love Joomla! & RocketTheme.

• Sad Valentine's Day coming up with no candy from RT :*(

• Want to see what RT core team is really been up to (for more than one year now)?

https://getgrav.org/

Explore GRAV this weekend and you will be loving it by monday.

P.S. I'm not charging for this commercial : )
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds