Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• VRY6
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • We are waiting
      VRY6
  • Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• WK wrote:
      @ William E Dooley:

After you said this, I've tested the Requiem and Isotope template, but in tools.pingdom.com I don't see mootools and jQuery loaded. Or is it loaded on a different way? I don't get this problem, but just curious.

It is loaded by some particles. Look at this post www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-templat...ools?start=0#1266827

William
    • WK
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• For me and my keyboard it was better to say the new template came around the 15th in stead of on or around the 10th. x'D
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Hi all, just want to drop by and set some expectations :)

Quick caveat, this is not anything related to Gantry5 framework at all, so there is not going to be any major new functionality or changes there. Primarily, this is a restructuring and course change that we are making in our internal page layouts. This will be improved going forward but it does take some time to get things pointed in the correct direction. We decided to do this now to ensure a continual improvement in the quality of our themes going forward. So as we roll out the next few themes, they will also see continued development of these internal pages.

Also, we are moving more and more to closer Joomla/WordPress releases. So Jakub (our primary WordPress theme developer) is going to be working more closely with Arifin (our primary Joomla template developer), and this is also a change that will take some time to get perfected.

These are the factors (combined with some holiday and vacation timing) that have led to this delay. We are working hard to get the template released but it's looking like that will be tomorrow (Friday).

This being a short month, we're going to be jumping right back into things with the next design, but it will probalby be a little late also. The following month we should start getting back to normal.

So sorry for the delay folks! We of course are continually working on lots of things concurrently, and Gantry 5 especially is in continuous development. So those folks asking for new functionality regarding the framework itself, will also see new features and platforms supported (Grav for example) in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks!
    • The following users have thanked you: William E Dooley, yaani, DanG, Empowermom, Grant, djSoft, WK

• Andy,

Thanks for the update. Now we all understand why. Even though.... :) we would still like a particle installer so we can easily use all the cool particles you have developed for the different themes.

Respectfully,
      William
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft

• Question -

I am still learning Wordpress, and have been out of the loop for several months (medical issues). But with this new way of using Gantry 5, are we making it harder for the (customers (our clients we turn the site over too)) to make updates and and have full control over their site after we build it?

I thought the whole thing about Wordpress was that any person could write thier blog, and easily add pictures and stuff to their site easily and without programming knowledge. I see that once the site is set up, we can then turn it over to the client, and tell them to start blogging away.

But is Rockettheme going in a different direction and only going for hard core users? The customer is going to look at a regular wordpress site (backend) and then look at what you have to do here, and turn tail and run. So many of my clients are too busy with business to learn another task. And they don't want to pay someone just to make small adjustments to thier site.

I love RT, and hve been a member (Joomla) since almost the begining, (different account then) and I am a bit confused by it being so difficult and how I am supposed to teach my clients how to update their site.

Thanks, and I appreciate any answers thant can help me. Not the answers that tell me where to go ;)

Randy
    • The following users have thanked you: Terp

• Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• When I used to do freelancing quite a few years ago, I would in most cases automatically include a three month assistance period where I would help them if need in any task they needed to do with the new site or answer questions, which would take literally minutes to do, and in quite a number of cases lead to establishing a long term arrangement with them.
    • VRY6
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I agree

( I am a bit confused by it being so difficult and how I am supposed to teach my clients how to update their site.)

VRY6

• Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• You could just set up a quick screenshare on google hangouts and demonstrate a few things.
    • dansims
    • Rocketeer

• I too would definitely love features that would make it easier for my clients to update their own sites.

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds