Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• David Goode wrote:
      Hi Radek,

radek wrote:
      Empowermom wrote:

Sometimes, we are adjusted to a certain method of doing things. When the inevitable "upgrade" comes, we don't see the immediate value. We experience growing pains that come with change and often miss the big picture while focusing on the details. We ALL resist change. I, for one, am seriously bad about trying to adapt the old way into the new when it's easier to just learn the new and be done with it. That just makes it harder on me.

I do not agree because there was less learning and settings at G4.

Yes, there is more to learn in Gantry 5 than in Gantry 4. Please remember that G5 allows you to be much more flexible that G4 did. Also you need to remember that Gantry 4 was much more learning than Joomla.

It will always be right for some and wrong for others and we will never please you all. What will do is provide a framework and template where you can have as much flexibility as you might need. Whether you choose to use all that is available will depend on your needs for your website. For me there is now an ability to format widths that don't rely on the 12 column grid of fixed widths. That alone is a massive jump from G4, which in turn was a huge jump from base Joomla.

The one goal we have always had is to provide templates and tools to make the job of building a Joomla website easier. For many developers G5 makes the job easier but they still have to learn how to use it to get best effect. Some developers work in niche markets and a single particle or atom can be used time and time again to great effect.

Yes there will always be more learning as things progress. If we do not learn and progress then we just stagnate, which is the equivalent of regressing or going backwards.

Happy improving to all of our members ;)

Hi David, I agree with some things but I do not agree with some. I do not want to say anything wrong about RT but you do things too complicated. I want to buy template, install it and work. I do not want to learn how to use it for months or two. I know it is no problem for example for you and for another people who can programming (I do not know right English word) but I am only user. I bought subscription from Themexpert and Joomlaxtc and I can use their template and framework also within "few minutes" and I never saw it before.
      Yes there will always be more learning as things progress. If we do not learn and progress then we just stagnate, which is the equivalent of regressing or going backwards.

I do not agree because pagebuilders can do more things then G5 (for my use) and I do not have to learn it at all. That is way I wrote you to have a look at some pagebuilder and take the good things from it. I could use pagebuilder within "few minutes". And as I wrote it has another the big advantage it can be used at any page/article. It is very very easy to use it. I must create Outlines home, default, body at RT and I do the same with pagebuilder at each article more easily. G5 is more heavier for page loading, there is different css etc. for every outlines.

Sorry for my English.
    • The following users have thanked you: Anthony

• MindTooth
    • Elite Rocketeer

• No anticipation for the new template guys? :-)
    • jbaxter
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 4 weeks ago
    • Any idea on a launch date for the new template? Would love to have some idea on where you guys are at on the new template.

Thanks
    • jbaxter
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 3 weeks ago
    • How about a quick reply. For example:

In a few hours.
      In a few days.
      By such and such a day
      We don't know
      We should have a firm date by such and such a date...

Any of the above would work and it only took me 45 seconds to type and respond to my own post.

Come on Rockettheme, you folks are better than this.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• 1,171 Thanks yous in 2 minutes. Perhaps it is time for RT to take note of just how many people can be satiated with a simple post.

Thank you, Damir. <<<hugs>>>
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Empowermom,

That is Damir's total 'thank you's across all his posts as a moderator, not just this post ;)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

Posted 8 years 15 hours ago

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds