- Only one account per person is permitted.
- Keep all posts on-topic.
- All posts must be in English, unless
posted in a specific international forum. If posting in a international forum,
please use the language of that forum, and not English.
- Do not astroturf or pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be
deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and is
subject to US law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use
the search feature.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to
be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them,
citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
- Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarise the problem briefly in the
subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it
will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just
to get attention (e.g. read this or you will be arrested). An example of a bad
subject would be "HELP ME." A good subject might be, "Foo crashes when I do bar."
Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- Include as much information as you can when seeking help. This may include logs
and command line output. Nobody will be able to help you if you don't give
- Ask Questions The Smart Way. Read this by
- No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and
Spamming. What is spamming? Read this.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgement of a helpful suggestion not only
placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All
those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by
responding to their questions when they know the answer and /or to consider
donating to the project.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented
material, or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an
inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
- Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive
criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins
will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be
removed. NO SPAM - NO
ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and
unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.
- This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement for custom
development or to be a 'wall of shame'. Any posts deemed to be of this nature will
be removed. Settle your disputes in private, please.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, please use the ‘report to
modertor’ link to notify the moderators.
- These forums are centered on RocketTheme Templates, Joomla, Open Source
software and other Internet and computer matters. They are not a place to promote
ideological, religious or political matters. All such discussions will be
- Must be set up in your Profile and not manually added to your messages.
- May NOT contain any images.
- May not contain any pricing, sales, product, etc. details.
- May contain a maximum of two smilies, or one animated smiley.
- May include two clickable links. URL's or mailto: - No duplicate links
- Only exact URLs allowed ie not < a href="/www.joomla.org">LOOK HERE - No
tinyurls etc either, only exact, literal URLs
- May include two colors. Hyperlink color is set by the forum and is not counted
as a color.
- Maximum font size can not be larger than normal.
- Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
- May not contain links to other threads or posts, for the purpose of self
promotion or 'campaigning'.
- Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
- Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our
members, or our staff, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or
avatar at any time, for any reason.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation, or
deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve
the right to change these rules at any time.
NOTE: These rules are 'borrowed' directly from the forum rules at joomla.org. Do not copy these rules without prior consent.