Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 7 years 1 week ago
    • Hi. I would like to ask you. There were only 3 new templates released from November. So during 6 months (almost 7) there are only 3 templates = It is about 6 templates every year. Is there going to be lower prepaid price or will we pay the same price for 6 templates as we used to pay for 12 templates? I need to know how the situation looks like It means we will get about 6 template per year for the same price as cost 12 templates earlier.

Will RT provide some discounts or we have to pay for half template full price? I am thinking about cancel subscriptions because any Pagebuilder is quicker and cheaper. No offense but we are non profit organisations and we allways find quicker and cheaper solutions.
      Sorry for my English.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by radek.
  • Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• When will the new template be released? April 20 is seven weeks after the release of the template.
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft

• oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Stop complain about design and money or they just ignore you same they do whit me.

Just enjoy the same design every mont whit some different color and line here and that and the price also if they do 2 templete per year.

If you want talk and have answers just say that all is wonderfull.

Enjoy ;)

• For 7 weeks you have released 7 templates for GRAV !!! What about the JOOMLA template? I counted that when you finished with GRAV you would go to work. You do not keep the dates you set yourself. The last two templates were very weak. I hope another template for joomla will be good.
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• Grzegorz Wójcik wrote:
      For 7 weeks you have released 7 templates for GRAV !!! What about the JOOMLA template?

These weren't new designs or new templates at all. They were quick ports of templates that Joomla has had since last year. The ports were worked on largely by members of our team that usually focus on WordPress and Grav while the design of the next theme was finalized.

There was a lot of discussion about this design - in part because we wanted to incorporate ideas from the forum and make something that addressed an aesthetic that we haven't focused on in recent months. This is a big theme, with a lot of particles and style options. We wanted to make sure that the design was right before we jumped in to the sandbox.

We have the desgin, and the Joomla template is coming together. Right now it is the sole focus of the entire template development team.

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • wombat
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Ryan,

What you posted is all nice and good, but it was said that RT decided to go for a 4 to 6 week release to keep the quality of the templates. I do not mind that, but RT does not be able to keep to this schedule. It does not matter if Joomla, Word Press or GRAV, the schedule that RT has set is NOT being kept and the QUALITY is lacking.

In a different posts I read that the schedule is now 35 to 45 Days. That means (if we say that there are 7 days per week) 4 weeks = 28 days, 5 weeks = 35 days, 6 weeks = 42 days, 7 WEEKS =49 DAYS. So, at the moment we are looking at every 6 1/2 weeks (which is also not kept)

I don't mind if it takes a little longer SOMETIMES!!!, but every release takes longer and most have nothing to show.

RT has always prided themselves as being innovated, having new ideas, doing things different and being original. Why have you stopped?

I have not given up on RT, and hope that things will change soon. There were some new things that I liked with the Acronym template (not the background or header), and I hope that the new Template shows more.

RT has set this schedule of 4 - 6 weeks, and pretty much since it has been set, it has not been held. Tell us like it is, do not lie, and do not look for excuses, if you are having problems with something that you are trying to integrate into the template, TELL US!! Most would understand, but like it is now, everyone has to wonder why they bothered to buy a subscription.

@ RT I can only say; Be Honest, be proud of what you do, and then do it better!
    • Okko
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Artist

• No sooner has the deserved winter sleep come to an end, the tears dried over the much-too-long Christmas holiday .......
      ... and again ....
      already troubles the ungrateful paying scum
      In deserved easter sleep, with the recalculation of the useful false forecasts.

The cleaning woman also curses because she already has to design
      the template for the third time in a row.
    • || make Love .... not Grav ||
    • wombat
    • Rocketeer

• Nicely said :)

Although I do not agree with your Sig. GRAV is good, it is just not something for larger sites (yet). BUT most programmers dream of a new CMS, and when they try it, they go down the drain. I know, I have been there. People that I helped wanted to go further with their own CMS, and just did it wrong. Very unfortunate, they had potential but could not use it. I hope RT is different.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by wombat.

• www.rockettheme.com/blog/team/218-rocket...-focus-on-innovation

Due to the fact that they do not communicate the appearance of the next new joomla template or their "delay" i would suggest:

Please do update or change your blog announcement from "a more fluid 4-6 weeks" to "a more fluid 6-8 weeks"

that would be more fair-play and corresponds to the facts.

regards,
      Hartmut

P.S.
      what is the reason why do you communicate so bad with your members? (and please do not say it was easter holidays...)
    • The following users have thanked you: radek

• "a more fluid 7-9 weeks" soon... :(

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds