Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    • But there is still not a new Joomla template, been over 8 weeks now. I don't use Grav and am not a member of that club. Are you still planning to produce 10-12 JOOMLA templates a year? If not, I need a refund.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Yes we plan on releasing our themes for all platforms pretty much in unison with each other. Joomla is not being brushed under the carpet, we just giving Grav some focus as it's the new club in town. Not to mention it's our own creation, so of course we're going to be a little biased towards it :)
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft

• jshort
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Have you considered giving current members a discount on a GRAV membership since we are waiting so long?
    • Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by jshort.
    • wombat
    • Rocketeer

• @Djamil,

It may have been better if something like your post was posted earlier. Some of your words may have been poorly chosen, or misunderstood, but it was at least a good attempt to let us know what is going on. Even better would have been if the Joomla/Wordpress users would have been told straight at the beginning of December that no new Template would be released due to the work on other projects (GRAV), which a large part of the RT Team was working on and that you were hoping to get it released (or something along those lines). Give people a good reason, and most of them can live with it.
      This may not have come over very well with some, maybe most, but it would have been an honest answer that everyone could respect and everyone would know where they stand.
      Yes this theme is late and we are sorry for that, however last month we launched a new club for Grav that included 5 themes, some of you might not be interested but it has been at the top of the requests from you. Technically speaking this makes it more than 12 themes a year that we managed to deliver.
      This is an example of the poorly chosen words. If you want to get real Technical, and I counted right, there were 10 Joomla Templates released last year, 10 WordPress Templates, and now the 5 GRAV Templates. That's 25 Templates in one year, more than 2 per Month, but as a Joomla Club Member I still only get 10 of them (same for WordPress Club members). Please do not misunderstand me, but it might have been better to leave the 5 GRAV Themes out of the equation.

GRAV may be at the top of the requests list of the users here at RT, but the people who have paid for Joompla/Wordpress Club membership still expect that these Templates get released in a timely manner. After the GRAV Club was announced, I specifically asked;
      will GRAV take up so much of your time that other areas might suffer?
      answer was;
      No other areas will not suffer, because different Team is working on Grav and different Team is working on the RocketTheme Templates
      But the December release was put on hold in favor of GRAV, which led to believe that other areas could very well suffer.

Okay, all that is now in the past. Now that the GRAV Template Club is up and running, and the first RT Templates are available for GRAV, I think that Damir's answer will probably prove to be correct.

Since the announcement of the new cycle for Template releases was announced and today, there have been 5 Templates released. The time that has passed since that announcement is about 34 weeks. 5 Templates times a 6 week release cycle equals 30 weeks, so there are actually 2 weeks left in which RT can (overall) keep the cycle going. At least if you look at it that way. The time between most releases since May has been 5 weeks or less. Unfortunately the time between the last release and the next release is quite long. If I look at when the GRAV Club was started and go from there, I expect it will take another 2 - 4 weeks for the next release. After that hopefully things will be back on track.

I have been trying to be somewhat critical, without being insulting, if I did not accomplish that and have insulted RT or someone in the RT Team, sorry, that was not my intention. There are somethings here at RT that I do not really like, and some things that I disagree with, but I still keep renewing my membership. I wonder why? (that's a rhetorical question).

I guess all that I can do now is to wait for the next release and hope that there is something really new and innovative included. Who knows, maybe it will come sooner than I think :) .

• While you're a "little biased" toward your own - Grav - your members have to wonder how many people have paid you for Grav versus how many continue to pay you for Joomla! templates. It would be nice to see a new template. I understand and agree with quality over quantity but when RT says 4-6 weeks for new templates but still doesn't tell their members anything about when a new template can be expected after close to 9 weeks... well...

• Any approximate idea? I've been holding off a redesign now in high hopes of a fantastic late December template. I've been checking in daily for the past 2 weeks. I'm sure many others have been as well.

A day or two? Another week?

It would be great if, when a release is in it's final stages, you guys could at least nail down the week of release. Not looking for an exact date, just an approximation so we don't end up refreshing the site for a month.

• Andy Miller wrote:
      The holiday season has delayed the next release a little. I'm sure you can appreciate that everyone needs to take some time with their families and recharge. We are now back and hard at work on finishing the next template, and it will be released just as soon as it's ready!

this to all including me who wants to know exactly (1 day to plan?) when the next joomla template will be released...

no more comment...

regards
      Hartmut
    • Gws
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Got to say I agree with most here,I have no interest in Grav templates. New Joomla ones please. Thanks GWS
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft

• First sorry for my english. I am from Germany.

I am now a long time a loyalty member from RT, and i like the templates in the last years. They was always look very well with a good coden quality. But in last time (after callisto) the templates seems to be more and more weak and similar to each other. There is in my opinion no really innovation in Design. Gantry and its functions is great, thats no question, but i for me wish to see more Design Elements

I am also hard at work for my customers. I can´t say to them my work is ready mayby tommorow, or mayby next week, or...???

With comments like "just as soon as it's ready!" you lost me as loyalty customer.

I hope something changed to you guys, because we are your customers.

Best Wishes

Klaus
    • The following users have thanked you: Hartmut Schwab, Björn Hallier, djSoft

• oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

• So guys, now we have to find an answer. 16 jan I have to renew so today is my last day as tomorrow and sunday, of course is again holliday. As my questions never had an answer, which kind of template you will made and if we can have a better price on a single( as per the last 6 month i pad for nothing) I think like other I don't renew.

Them meanwhile I don't understand a point.

Why when you upgrade a template, that have bugs coming from you, I have to paid again for download the latest version?

all template the first version have bugs, of couse is normal, but why for have a version without bugs ( that you find meanwhile ) i need to renew my subscription? I mean I paid for a product perfect, if this product have bugs that come from them all company ( sumsung, ferrari, apple, ecc) give free upgrade or they give you , for free, a new product.

Btw if someone is so gentle to answer....

Thank you
    • The following users have thanked you: Hartmut Schwab

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds