Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    • Same here, I subscribed and paid for Joomla themes and would like to see the regular 12 themes.
    • The following users have thanked you: Gws, djSoft

• I don't think 12 comes into it - your membership merely says "Regular Template Releases"
    • oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• btw an answer?

• oceano wrote:

Why when you upgrade a template, that have bugs coming from you, I have to paid again for download the latest version?

all template the first version have bugs, of couse is normal, but why for have a version without bugs ( that you find meanwhile ) i need to renew my subscription? I mean I paid for a product perfect, if this product have bugs that come from them all company ( sumsung, ferrari, apple, ecc) give free upgrade or they give you , for free, a new product.

Though I don't like the neglection of Joomla by Rockettheme (and it's definitely something like that since Gantry 5 allows moving away from Joomla towards the bigger market of Workpress and maybe Grav in the future and yes, the last templates look all the same - besides the frontpage and some particles there is no difference at all) your comment is a little bit unfair.

If you want to have a lifetime support for a template then buy it for 25 dollars during the sales.

And not everything is a bug: moving from 2.5 to 3.x was a big step and the templates had to be changed and rewritten.
      This is not a bug, it's a work that has to be paid for.

I really don't appreciate the direction in which Rockettheme has turned over the last 1,5 years after the release of Gantry 5 and in my opinion Gantry 5 could have been much much better without the development of Grav and integration of Wordpress.

Because of Grav and Wordpress Gantry 5 has always the lowest common demoninator, why else have we still no export of particles, no WYSIWYG editor, no selection of Joomla articles within particles (selecting an article via copy&paste the Joomla id is really not convenient)?
      When Gantry 5 started I was really excited about it, however during the last year, probably most of the development time went into integration of Grav and Wordpress.
      I'm quite sure that without Wordpress and Grav Gantry 5 would be a perfect and convenient framework you Joomla, everything we are still missing could have been implemented.
      Personally I'm only using Joomla and I'm not really interesed in Grav nor Wordpress.

Hopefully in the near future Rockettheme will put more emphasis in making Gantry 5 more convenient (im- and exporting particles, WYSIWYG, selecting articles) than integrating other CMS.
      I started my membership long long ago when Rockettheme was a Joomla template maker and there is still no need for other CMS.
      I can unterstand the business decision however when I look at InspireThemes for example, they have really nice particles for Gantry 5 and I wished Rockettheme would have something similiar to them.
    • The following users have thanked you: Kevin Hyland, djSoft

• oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

• So in the gantry 5 template we never have bug fixed? Are you sure? :-)

I don`t want support for free, I want buy a product whiteout bugs, and when this product have bugs I want them fixed, as I paid for a perfect product.

If you buy a car and have breaks whit problem from the factory you pay for fix or they fix for free as a factory fault?
    • Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by oceano.
    • The following users have thanked you: Hartmut Schwab

• Hallo,

just an easy question: will there be a new template before this weekend?

i think in USA there is still friday...

regards, Hartmut
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• It's very close to being ready, we're trying to get it out before the weekend barring any unforseen issues.
    • The following users have thanked you: Hartmut Schwab, djSoft, Reflections

• Thank you, that's the kind of communication that will keep people happy.

• Björn Hallier wrote:
      I can unterstand the business decision however when I look at InspireThemes for example, they have really nice particles for Gantry 5 and I wished Rockettheme would have something similiar to them.

I bought yesterday membership inspiretheme.com. The particles are very good. Templates also. Why RocketTheme no base particles?
      I am a member of the RT since 2009. I want to stay here. Take the guys to work. I look forward to a good, original templates and new particles.
      I do a lot of web pages and a Gantry 5 this helps.
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft

• oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Kauna you don't answer my question :-) . Never mind
      Bye

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds