Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    • Sorry for my English. I am only user, I do not know coding or programming. I want only use template. But when G5 was released my work with template from RT became horrible. G5 is too complicated for me and why I can write it? Because I tried pagebuilder (PB). It is very easy way how to build Joomla website. I bought 2 pagebuilders and tried another 2 that´s free.
      I cannot express how easy I can build website and now Joomlart has new pagebuilder and I probably buy it - it is great and I can "create" "tons" of websites in a minute. I suppose G5 is great for the people who can codding. But I'm not and Pagebuilder is soo easy... it works from frontend too.

I am with RT since 2011 but if they will continuing with release still the same template I leave RT because work with PB is very quick and easy and we save money, because we will have to pay only for Pagebuilder. We can use any free template with PB. Staying here with RT out of inertia (I hope you understand).

I do not understand why RT cannot say - "We prefer Grav" (all people see it) and why they cannot say "We release Joomla template in first week of January".

I tried Grav too, but I prefer Joomla. We are small non profit organisations and we are on Joomla about 10 years.
    • The following users have thanked you: Hartmut Schwab, djSoft

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Dear Rocketteam.

I feel guilty already only from asking these questions. But i do it anyhow.

Is there any vague statement about WHEN
      there will be grav themes made from the old Joomla/wordpress repository
      AVAILABLE for grav?

Will it be ONE by one OR how much we can await with the next BUNCH ?

I know it is the thing you do not like to calculate. Please just give us an vague idea to make a minimum plan possible.

Thanks so much for your understanding.

Best regards, Niels
    • Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Niels Binder.

• djSoft
    • Rocketeer

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • Hello RocketTheme,
      i can ask the team if we are close to a new version of Joomla template?

Thanks for all

Antonio

• The plan is to release our next Joomla template by the end of the month.

Thank you for your patience.
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft

• Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

• Tomorrow it will be six weeks since the previous release. Is there a chance for a new template for joomla?
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft

• Ashraf

• Joomla, what is Joomla? It's only Grav now.
    • Ashraf
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Hi there,

as Reggie already mentioned, we're aiming for the end of the month, which will be next tuesday. :)

As always, the Joomla version of the new theme is what we develop and release first.
      Only after the Joomla version is out, we start working on the Grav version.
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi kat,
      here in sharm start be warm season again :).

the point of most that is not answer at all is that all last template are only a remake of the the same "light" design whit nothing that worth money or time.

If you look at the theme from gantry 5 release are just adjustment of one template remaked. Also the particle video, video grid ecc are just light version, like roksprochet, of mod and comp that you an find everywere for joomla.

You can made a template every 6 month for us, but try to made, same you do in the past, something that worth.

Also the point that we cannot know if in the time of our subscription we can have a template we can use ( some use only template for news, other for music ecc ) is really wrong. I have spend money sometimes for 3 or 4 template I never use, same many.

If the next will be in line wit the last templates, please, wait other 2 or 3 month and make something that is RT special same before.

PS: if you read the post of different mod ( also the Big Boss said grav use most of the resource of RT ) you read different explanation.
      Some said grav first, some no....BTW how many use grav and how many use Joomla?
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Oceano,

oceano wrote:
      the point of most that is not answer at all is that all last template are only a remake of the the same "light" design whit nothing that worth money or time.

There are different elements to the last template design, as with each template we release. How you choose to populate a template is down to you as the developer. It does mean that you have to experiment at times. A template is a starting point and should never really be used exactly as laid out in our demos. We showcase various layouts and styles to show capability, but as a full-time, self-employed developer I would never use everything as shown in the demo.

oceano wrote:
      If you look at the theme from gantry 5 release are just adjustment of one template remaked. Also the particle video, video grid ecc are just light version, like roksprochet, of mod and comp that you an find everywere for joomla.

I think you are confusing the framework as being the template. Gantry 5 provides the general framework for the template and extensions to be positioned. What you choose for each position is up to you. Where we feel we need to include CSS for light or dark options then we will. Look at Remnant, primarily a dark theme with light elements to break it up.

oceano wrote:
      You can made a template every 6 month for us, but try to made, same you do in the past, something that worth.

This is the age old problem. Some developers love a release while others hate it. We will never win this argument. :)

oceano wrote:
      Also the point that we cannot know if in the time of our subscription we can have a template we can use ( some use only template for news, other for music ecc ) is really wrong. I have spend money sometimes for 3 or 4 template I never use, same many.

ALL of our templates can be used for any subject material. It is about developers actually having their own ideas on how to make a template work for their own sites. If every template was aimed a single type of site then every Lawyer site would be the same because some developers would change nothing. Our templates are a robust starting point for your own creativity to be included.

oceano wrote:
      If the next will be in line wit the last templates, please, wait other 2 or 3 month and make something that is RT special same before.

It is a combination of creating something different in style but in keeping with demand. At the moment the trend is still flat designs with lots of space and fullwidth images. We also take into account suggestions and feedback from members when we look to create templates. There is also the fact that whatever we release we will have to keep updated. This is one of the main reasons we no longer style for third party add-ons, they change too often and in some cases the changes are drastic. I am sure we can all remember the days when Jom-Social were changing very frequently so we had to keep changing our templates as well as ensuring backwards compatability.

So please remember that templates are more than just a pretty framework, they have to be functional and practical to maintain as well. To help keep things in context we usually start the template design process a couple of months before we code and release a template. There are often more than one template underway at the same time, just at different stages of development. :)

oceano wrote:
      PS: if you read the post of different mod ( also the Big Boss said grav use most of the resource of RT ) you read different explanation.

Please keep this in context. Those remarks from Andy were during the launch period of Grav. It is now in place and, like all of our clubs, Grav gets the attention of the development team after the Joomla template is released. For websites that have relatively static content then Grav would be great. For those with lots of content that changes and multiple contributors then Joomla is better.

I think when members see the next template there will be those who think it is great and different while others will still complain that it doesn't suit the site they have to design next. ;)

oceano wrote:
      Some said grav first, some no....BTW how many use grav and how many use Joomla?

I have started playing with Grav but I have been too busy with working on Joomla sites with Gantry 5 and RocketTheme templates to get too far into Grav - yet!

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds