Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Okko
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Artist

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    • If you ask a deaf mute on Mars, then you get easier answer .... and more honest!
    • || make Love .... not Grav ||
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• The holiday season has delayed the next release a little. I'm sure you can appreciate that everyone needs to take some time with their families and recharge. We are now back and hard at work on finishing the next template, and it will be released just as soon as it's ready!
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Happy new year to the RT team.
      As a member from 2007, I would say that we have seen lot of good templates from Rockettheme.
      However, the past year, things are changing here. Because we pick only some of the templates during the year, I think having the 12 templates was outstanding.
      Let me tell you that it is hard now to guess when the new template will be out.
      Even if rockettheme has reduced the amount of templates to 8, it is very helpful to give us release dates so we know what to expect.

Thank you
    • The following users have thanked you: Hartmut Schwab, djSoft, teddirez

• webarnes
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• @RT

It is very possible that being more transparent will resolve the anxiety we feel.
      My perception is that Your move to the new business model of providing templates through both membership and as individual sales in combination with the realignment of your platform offerings [Grav, Joomla & Wordpress] for each theme is the driving force of the extended duration.

You are in a position that is paramount to provide quality over quantity to move this business model forward.

I pay less for your membership than ANY of my other memberships, I personally enjoy working with Gantry above ALL of the other frameworks. Regardless of the quantity of template release - your cost to value of membership is actually very good in comparison to my other memberships.
      The moderators here and everyone that provides their time to support and provide assistance is also extremely beneficial.

Unfortunately we as valued members were acclimated to the years of the monthly pulse, we fell into the rut of expectations that RT goal was to provide a new theme at or around the first of every month.
      The mystery of the unknown was to RT advantage, providing for an exciting moment every month. It was like Christmas for us with every template release - getting to unwrap a new present.
      That new present we received every month was perceived as a big part of the value of the membership.

Now that monthly present is gone and we as valued members are suffering from the hardship of shifting to a new business model - It’s Like quitting cigarettes cold turkey and the emotional roller coaster is coming out in harsh feedback.

Only speaking for me or my personal perspective as to what would work for this new business model - I would like total transparency on the FULL lifecycle of every template.
      The templates are no longer monthly presents so take us out of the dark.
      From concept to delivery,

I am very interested to know who is working on the templates, what challenges, setbacks and successes they face on a frequent basis. The timelines as they grow and contract. I think that constant updates, taking us out of the dark will improve the community again and help us over the transition hurdle.

I enjoy reading Ryans blog post but really don’t care for the general topics. I am already flooded in my email and web browsing with topics like guides for reducing bounce rate, 10 amazing facts - etc.I would like to read more about RocketTheme specific topics - under the hood with the moderators, the template designers, again the hurdles and successes within the RaocketTheme family.
      Just a suggestion - maybe Ryan could facilitate the business model shift by providing us the information on each theme as it progresses through its life cycle?
      Just a thought.

I am on the sidelines, patiently watching and waiting for things to unfold. I am not going to get mad and storm off but I am growing a little anxious and would like to know if the RT team would be willing to open up and give us a consistent view of RocketTheme under the hood?

Best Regards,
    • The following users have thanked you: Hartmut Schwab, bridge, teddirez, WellSolveIt

• -- William

• Wow, webarnes said it so well. I'm nervous to even add on my own concern. Instead of writing a long letter I'll simply say this.

Grav is making me nervous, it made me nervous since I initially heard it was in the works. By the looks of things this wasn't just an over reaction my fears are becoming a reality.

No offense to the Wordpress users nor to the developers of Grav, but I take rockettheme's menu bar as a list of priorities to the company. Regardless of whether that's intentional or not that reality has rippled through the forums and the internet as a whole... It seems to me based on the recent update to the menu(Grav>Joomla>Wordpress>...) that Rockettheme's priorities are changing.

:-(
    • Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by WellSolveIt.
    • The following users have thanked you: Hartmut Schwab, Grzegorz Wójcik, teddirez

• oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Guys start to be funny this stand by. Can just to know waht kind of theme will have so, if is not somethings i need i don't renew for now my subscrption?

Or please can you consider give a price more low for a single template?

Thank you
    • Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by oceano.

• Its amazing how polite everybody is!

The last Joomla template was about 2 months ago...so on that basis, the so-called "Regular" template releases will be 6 a year! I think RocketTheme have unleashed a beast they cannot contain and the Joomla templates, and us members, are suffering for it.
      I've been downloading the legacy templates as I have no intention of renewing my membership. Back in the day when RT actually designed templates, they were quite unique month by month and each was easy to either tweak a little bit for us lazy so and sos to use or a competent designer could turn it up on its head so you couldn't recognise it.

Now we just seem to get the same layout - impressive website front page and then flat on each page thereafter....but of course there would be some new feature that we never realised we needed until RT made it so.

So I will let my feet do the talking.
    • oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Kevin Hyland wrote:
      Its amazing how polite everybody is!

The last Joomla template was about 2 months ago...so on that basis, the so-called "Regular" template releases will be 6 a year! I think RocketTheme have unleashed a beast they cannot contain and the Joomla templates, and us members, are suffering for it.
      I've been downloading the legacy templates as I have no intention of renewing my membership. Back in the day when RT actually designed templates, they were quite unique month by month and each was easy to either tweak a little bit for us lazy so and sos to use or a competent designer could turn it up on its head so you couldn't recognise it.

Now we just seem to get the same layout - impressive website front page and then flat on each page thereafter....but of course there would be some new feature that we never realised we needed until RT made it so.

So I will let my feet do the talking.

I'm not suffering and also many are not.
      I prefer 3 Template per year but innovative, perfect and the best they can invent.
      The point is not that, we are not baby and all understand quality is better than quantity.

My point is have a subscription but I don't have template to use.
      So I ask to know what kind ( news, hotel, music, blog ) will be in the next 6 month.

Ok is a secret so give me to buy 1 template when there will be the kind I need, BUT don't quote just 1 template at the same price of 6 month of subscription as useless if , then for 6 month I have template i never use.

Thank you
    • R.Dekker
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I renewed my subscription in December but for now I know this was my last renewal. I'm a member since 2007 but this is not what I, and a lot of more RT members, expect from RT. Perhaps sometime in the (near) future RT will say to itself where did we miss something. RT has Grav, Yootheme has Uikit but I/we have Joomla! So RT please wake up and listen to your members. We're free to go so if this is what RT wants we're going.
      RT beware you won't become a second Mambo.(in this case for templates). Mambo showed us what wrong descisions lead to, to nothing...
    • The following users have thanked you: Hartmut Schwab, Kevin Hyland, StrataCorps

• I think you guys are taking this too dramatically. Yes this theme is late and we are sorry for that, however last month we launched a new club for Grav that included 5 themes, some of you might not be interested but it has been at the top of the requests from you. Technically speaking this makes it more than 12 themes a year that we managed to deliver.

It might not look like so but the whole development, preparation and launch of the new club took us a lot of time which has been only reflecting on you with this one late template.

All of this has been happening during the Christmas holidays which we all know it shorten the month for everyone by a lot. Internally we had weddings, sickness and vacations.

I'm not trying to find excuses, you asked for transparency, I'm giving you as much transparency as I can and without giving out the next template which is in its final stage of development.

If we look back I can count on one hand the times we failed to deliver a template on time, this is one of those times. I can empathize with your frustration but as outlined in our Focus on Innovation post we are still aiming for regular template releases every 4-6 weeks, that makes it roughly 10-12 templates a year.
      I can't guarantee a late template like this will never happen again, things out of our control can occur, however we are doing our best to fulfill the promised updated release cycle .

Perhaps now the picture is more clear, you can understand the why and how and empathize with us.
    • The following users have thanked you: Joe Halleck

• / Djamil Legato / Lead Developer /

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds