Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Do you know anything about the template July? Marks a month since the previous release :)
    • GWEB
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• brandall wrote:
      Henning wrote:
      how does a parallax-section make things easier?
      I am guessing that he meant having it included makes things easier on him. Possibly a language barrier made it sound more confusing than that though.

I personally like the parallax effect in some cases, but ultimately, it is usually distracting. It is just another variation of animated clipart. People do it to show how fancy they can make their site, but rarely does it serve a functional purpose. Nothing WRONG with that on its own, but I have only ever seen two or three uses of parallax where I thought it truly enhanced the experience. You have to be really clever with it though.

With that being said, it isn't THAT hard to add a .js file to Gantry, and then assign a class or two to your image background. Even a non-coder can do it in a few steps. But I can see how it would seem confusing, but it really isn't though.

Brent

Brent, thank you. You are right. It is very hard to say something in English when I cannot even express it in my first language because I am not a coder. I need to buy something, install it and use it. I will not and I do not want to learn coding as I will forget it in about 1 week because I will not use it for example about a year.

Why Parallax is better for me? We are non profit organisations and we focused on animal protection. I had a look at at least 10-15 template makers and there is not even 1 template suitable for animals. Nobody makes it. And I do not want template from Template monster.

I have 3 important parts on my web that do not correspond each other. That is way it is important to separate them. I need them all on te main page and parallax nicely devides the topics. And I can put a picture on the background that as something to do with the topic.

It is very useless for me to have for example 3 pictures in slideshow on the top of page because people usually do not look at the other 2.

It is much easier to use them separately on home page, for example in the parallax.

G5 cannot add a single photo to the page. Image can be inserte there only as a logo and it is a nonsense because there is automaticaly URL link for web URL.

So it is few reasons why I want to use parallax except of liking it.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

It sounds to me that simple fullwidth images would make good dividers. That is not the same as parallax.

Parallax is an effect where the background stays stationary or moves at a slower rate than the foreground giving the appearnace of 3D movement. As Henning rightly said, it has to be a very special image in the right context for that to add value. You then have to consider how it will work on a tablet or smartphone as the widths are different.

People make it sound easy but when you do it properly it takes a lot of time and effort.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi David,

thank you for your help. I understand but I have another wiev on this thing.
      Simple fullwidth image is not parallax as you said correctly. I prefer parallax because it ads value and it devides the page. It does not matter the parallax does not show on mobile or tablet. There will be text.

But even fullwidth image cannot be used well in the G5 template settings without next settings. I have been waiting for a template with parallax and "onepage" for over a year. I will not put the links here but I can send you about 8-10 links within 1 minute.

When I look at another template makers they have 1-2 at least. I am not arguing, just saying. I bought lifetime from Joomlaxtc. I bought template builder - that is perfect. But I would like to have everything from 1 maker.

• Grant
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Development

• Citadel is a great addition to the stable of Gantry 5 Templates.Team RocketTheme is doing a great job so far making each template more unique for certain use cases. Video has become increasingly more popular on the web so this is a great fit. Also love that it is simple and clean. Thanks Team :D

Can't wait to see what the next one brings.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Grant.
    • Love Joomla! & RocketTheme.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Posted 7 years 8 months ago

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    • Looks good on the surface. I recently finished a website where the owner enqired about an intro tune on his pub website.

Is it possible to autoplay with a volume level?

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds