Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• Alexandr
    • Rocketeer

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • I want to see new technologies and features. simple template anyone can make himself and without gantry 5 or Joomla!
    • The following users have thanked you: Vitaly

• Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

• I, also, don’t really care about the one template a month intervall or whatever. What I will look for is to have fewer template but a lot more customizable by the administration. If they are more flexible, us at the other end, we can do whatever we need with them.

Gantry 5 is really customizable but...
      e.g;
      —> Ability to add/or not to whatever positions a background image in the style tab, Overlay opacity, and Parallax in the layout Tab
      —> Outlines with Flexible front page - Headroom or not - Easy top menu in/out

I’m sure you understand what I mean...
    • The following users have thanked you: Alexandr, Vitaly

• Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• To be honest I don't understand the need for an Parallax option. Most scripts just need a js-file linked as an atom and a set up via data-attribut. github.com/mmkjony/enllax.js I mean that is more than simple in Gantry 5 already.

It's just an effect. And while it may be cool right now – it's just an effect ... but effects are not design. You can already see it get's overused and boring.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Henning.
    • The following users have thanked you: radek, Vitaly

• Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• I also think parallax is overrated :)

• / Djamil Legato / Lead Developer /
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Henning wrote:
      To be honest I don't understand the need for an Parallax option. Most scripts just need a js-file linked as an atom and a set up via data-attribut. github.com/mmkjony/enllax.js I mean that is more than simple in Gantry 5 already.

It's just an effect. And while it may be cool right now – it's just an effect ... but effects are not design. You can already see it get's overused and boring.

You should not forget not everybody are a coders and can use what you describe. For example I need parallax.

• radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Djamil Legato wrote:
      I also think parallax is overrated :)

For axample I need parallax. So for it is not overrated for me. I have some website about animal protection that there are no template for and I just need parallax because it makes everything easier on the web. It is clear. It is hard to exmplain in English. I have been waiting for template with parallax for few months and still nothing. I know it is in Isotope but that is not it. As I wrote I am amateur and cannot set it up. I use template as I downloaded.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by radek.

• Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• how does a parallax-section make things easier?

• brandall
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Henning wrote:
      how does a parallax-section make things easier?
      I am guessing that he meant having it included makes things easier on him. Possibly a language barrier made it sound more confusing than that though.

I personally like the parallax effect in some cases, but ultimately, it is usually distracting. It is just another variation of animated clipart. People do it to show how fancy they can make their site, but rarely does it serve a functional purpose. Nothing WRONG with that on its own, but I have only ever seen two or three uses of parallax where I thought it truly enhanced the experience. You have to be really clever with it though.

With that being said, it isn't THAT hard to add a .js file to Gantry, and then assign a class or two to your image background. Even a non-coder can do it in a few steps. But I can see how it would seem confusing, but it really isn't though.

Brent

• Alexandr
    • Rocketeer

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • the next template expected in August?
  • Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • 4-6 weeks from last release with my Math would be Late July-Early August. I hope we see one in Late July though...

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds