Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • There is too much other stuff to do, than to complain about a template that hasn't arrived on the expected day. Backups, security reviews, site maintenance, reading the latest tech news... I stopped spending time hitting the refresh button for new templates about three months after I got the RT subscription, years ago. I just pop in once a day to see if it's here, and then go do something that brings in revenue.

If the new template makes customization easier to perform, then they can skip the template for this month, for all I care. Imagine being able to install a new template and modify every object on the offline page in five minutes, so that the wandering visitor gets the information that they need, instead of a partially-configured template. I would wait for that kind of simplicity.

WBoro
    • WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Dallas Hershell wrote:
      Jacquelin wrote:
      i completely agree about the last template that thing is worthless. that has to be the worst template i have seen these guys ever do

Ha ha! - I think that's why we're so anxious for the May template.. That one was hilarious! lol - Has anyone actually used it?
      I'm developing a site with it. Interstellar isn't a bad template. It is just the kind of template that lends itself to a lot of different uses, and requires knowledge of the range of modifications that are possible.

Back a few years, RT used to offer templates that could be used almost out-of-the-box, for a specific type of site. Now that the templates are geared to more general uses, with more modification, that is where some of the complaints are coming in.

I personally didn't enjoy having to wait for 6 months to get a news-related template, so I worked on being able to make almost any template fit my needs. RT would have to offer 5 different templates per month, in order to meet the variety of needs that we all have.

WBoro
  • Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• WBoro wrote:
      There is too much other stuff to do, than to complain about a template that hasn't arrived on the expected day.WBoro

Yep, that's true. But since we have a whole club full of members in hot anticipation of our monthly candy, sharing in each other's anticipation and excitement we are allowed to commiserate a bit together and THEN go to work as well as all the kudos we come back to give when it arrives.

Also nice to know others are here with us while we wait. That's what community is about. Sharing, caring and occasional griping. Life is like that among most humans I heard.
    • The following users have thanked you: Hugo Avila

• The wait is over, it's a TOPAZ. Nice one, I like it.
    • Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• As you can see, the new Topaz template is now released and I for one think the wait was worth it. This template has some great new features and I am sure it will be a popular template. :)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

• NICE! Clean, modern and light weight! Just what Ive been looking for from Rockettheme for a long time!

Worth the wait! (Thumbs up!) :)
    • Website Design & Development | Sydney Australia

• Check the Demo.... It's been hacked :(
    • The following users have thanked you: David Goode

• David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for that. We have restored a clean backup and are investigating to see what happened and how.

Cheers

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

• Personally, I will be Ok with slower new template release to work on the flexibility of the templates themselves. The Goal here will be to have great flexibility to easily adapt any template to whatever style is needed for a customer.

As a web devellopper, I ALWAYS tweak a lot any template I choose to adapt to what my customer need.

For me choosing a template is more about the flexibility than the look as I change everything.
    • The following users have thanked you: Empowermom

• Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • brandall
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Just wondering if there is any news for this month's release? It's no problem if there is a delay. I don't mind waiting. But usually there are many people posting and asking for updates, but this month I don't see anyone! So I just thought I would ask!

Thanks for all the hard work RT!

Brent

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds