Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • Hi there,
      Jacquelin wrote:
      if you are looking for a completely plain layout sure. its taking major steps backwards from all the other gantry 5 themes

But some clients' websites need a plain layout. If we ONLY produced templates that were all bells and whistles then people would complain they are all too busy or crowded. We have to provide a generic coverage for styles in order to satisfy the majority of our members.

The biggest problem is looking at templates and trying to decide which is closest to my needs. Often I will have to mix and match parts of other templates. My current project is based on Requiem but i will have to add owlcarousel to get what I need. In Gantry 5 this is much easier than our Gantry 4 templates.

As I keep saying - "Horses for courses"

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: Hmm...I wonder what the RocketTheme team has been up to?

• i understand there is a need for a layout like that. but for me something like that would be easy to create myself. when i come to rockettheme for a template i am looking for impressive designs. that one just didnt do it for me. No offense

• David Goode wrote:
      Hi there,

As I keep saying - "Horses for courses"

:p

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • The following users have thanked you: Jacquelin

• Website Design & Development | Sydney Australia
    • SaraJK
    • Rocketeer

• I am also curious about the new template, of course and was also used to look for it about the 1st of the month.
      But I think it is also understandable if once there is a delay of 10 days that is is quite difficult the release the new template 20 days later.
      Having this discussion for months already isn't it better to accept that the expected release date of the new templates is somewhere in the middle of the month and not the beginning?
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hello all,

Human beings are creatures of habit and after many years of templates being released on the first of the month or within a few days of that, people get frustrated and impatient.

There is inevitably a knock-on effect and quite often this down to new features as opposed to the new template design. Once we iron the wrinkles out of new features we can get back to design for the next few templates and hopefully claw back some lost time.

Before I was a mod here I used to tell myself that template releases were 8th of the month. Anything delivered before then was a bonus and if it wasn't the first of the month I wouldn't be disappointed. That didn't stop me checking though ;)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

• As a long time user of The RocketTheme services, I personally not really care about that “first of the month” template. My sole interest is to see intelligent, efficient, easy to customized performant templates and to be sure that thoses templates are maintain and updated.

I can say that with Gantry 5 and all the niceties around that the RocketTheme didn’t deceived but show the reason for their success. Put on top that everybody on this forum are so helpful that you never stock with unanswered question and all Mods bend backward to help.

Thanks a thousand time for your great service RocketTheme !
    • The following users have thanked you: David Goode

• Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca

• i dont mind it not being out yet i just hope its something decent, i have yet to find a template i really like since voxel and thats way back (and by that i mean from top to bottom ) i like parts from all the themes. but voxel was one could run with right out the box.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Jacquelin.
    • Grant
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Development

• Have a good feeling we will see the template today. I'm certain the RT team will claw back the clock over time but appreciate that they take the time to get it right rather than send out a half baked product. I do hope we see something different and unique yet highly usable for many of us. Crossing fingers for a good one :)
    • Love Joomla! & RocketTheme.
    • dansims
    • Rocketeer

• Ha ha.. I don't think anyone is really concerned. We'd prefer the template to be right then full of bugs.. We're all just having a crack because we can.. :p

(Presses F5)
    • Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Dallas Hershell.
    • Website Design & Development | Sydney Australia

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds