Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    • Timmy Ullrich wrote:
      I was having this problem today and uploaded an older version of gantry.php and now the problem is solved. Not the ideal way to go about it but it worked!
      hi timmy,

thank you for your post, do you know from which older version you have uploaded the file to fix this?
      this info would probably be helpful to our dev team.

thanks again, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

• Hello Kat,

I uploaded the gantry.php file from hexeris-rocketlauncher_j30 that was created on 6/13/13

Beyond that I can't get more specific.
    • voltayr

• Ok so i used that exact same file in two of my templates and it didnt fix anything... didnt break anything either have we figured this out yet now its occuring on multiple templates.
    • jnlockett
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Any luck? It's happening on a few new sites that I recently built using Gantry and it's the same Line 432 error.

HELP asap, please!

Thanks in advance!

• I'm having this same exact issue on sites using Kirigami and Voxel. templates. I believe it's a Gantry coding error, but since I'm not a coder, I can't say that for sure.

voltayr - did you uninstall gantry and then re-install it, by chance? Or was that an install over the existing install?

Addition to my original post: FWIW - I uninstalled 4.1.17 and installed gantry 4.1.10 and still had the same fatal message. I am now working with gantry 4.1.4. with no problems so far - this is also what I'm running on one of my other sites - which is the most heavily used site and have not had any problems at all with it, so hopefully there will not be any problems on this new site I'm working on using that same level.

I forgot to mention that this current site is running J30 - as is the heavily visited one that also runs gantry 4.1.4. Don't know if that information is helpful at all.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Timmy Ullrich wrote:
      Hello Kat,

I uploaded the gantry.php file from hexeris-rocketlauncher_j30 that was created on 6/13/13

hi again,

gantry 4.1.10 was released 07 may 2013
      gantry 4.1.11 was released 02 july 2013
      so that rocketlauncher should have 4.1.10 in it.

if anyone here could install 4.1.10 to check if that solves the problem, then reinstall the current 4.1.17 to check if the issue reappears would be great, because then we are able to narrow it down exactly which should allow the devs to find a fix.

4.1.10 can be found here.

thanks a lot, kat :)
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Timmy Ullrich wrote:
      Hello Kat,

actually,

just check that file, line 22, it should tell you which version of gantry this was. :)
    • voltayr

• Well no it didnt fix the problem reverting files, even from another template ack!

now what?

please fix asap have 3 sites doing this now... could it be Godaddy from previous posts it looks like its not the host... since others are having the same issue with different host companies.. how this isnt resolved yet is scarey are your devs having trouble on their end or have they not looked yet?

• I went for a while using gantry 4.14 with few issues, but the more I worked in the backend the more I saw that message being spit out, so I did some more research on this. (I did notice fewer issues in 4.1.4 than later issues, but I did still get the error message while using it. Just not nearly as often as with later versions.)

The one thing that these complaints seem to have in common is godaddy.com - who recently upgraded security on their servers, which actually affected me since my sites are hosted with them for the time being.

One problem I had was that the upgraded security kept locking me out of my site because of permissions issues. The more I would work, the more I'd get kicked off.

I see a similar thing happening here.

Now, some of you may be saying,"I have service with (insert name of alternative host here). Well, godaddy has webhost reselling programs, so your host might still be with godaddy even though it's under another name.

Anyway - long post longer - I would encourage you to get in touch with your host provider and ask them to look into this and see whether this could be a permissions issue or a caching issue on the server end.

A long time ago godaddy.com did experience some similar issues and they were able to go in and address that at the server level, I believe that may have been a permissions "thing".

So if your sites are hosted with godaddy, you need to contact them and speak with advanced tech support if possible - or relay this to the call taker - or even go on line and open a ticket with them - be sure to send them a copy of the error message in full, because that's like a guide map for them.

The more people that contact them about this, the more helpful it is, too - because then they know it's a more serious issue. If only one or two people call this in, then it doesn't alert them at the same level.

--->The tricky thing about this issue is that visitors to the site can reload the page over and over and not find the problem, but when you're working in the backend and refreshing, it can happen often. So I am thinking it's an administrative permissions issue - which is similar to the problem I had with them some time ago on my vbulletin forums.

So anyway - sorry that was so long winded - but I seriously think this is a hosting/server issue and not a rockettheme / gantry issue. But I could be wrong.

Would love to know other people's thoughts on this.

• An additional note:

After continuing to have problems with 4.1.4 I went ahead and completely uninstalled the template I was working with (In this case, Metropolis) - and re-installed the entire shebang with gantry 4.1.10.

Continuing to experience the problem I got on the horn with godaddy - who, two nights previously tried to tell me this was a gantry coding error. Seems to me that if it was I'd have been having this problem a year ago when working with this same template in 4.1.4.

So anyway, I did ask them to look into this, last night, to see whether it was a permissions or caching issue on the server side - just to be sure. They enabled log filing for my account so they could detect the problem.

After that phone call, I worked for several more hours configuring and getting K2 in working order - and just wanted to note here that I have NOT seen this problem since last night's phone call - and I'm still working with the gantry 4.1.10.

So maybe they found the error and fixed it? Or maybe there was something going on with K2? It all seems to have cleared up at the same time - so in case I wonder whether it could have been a conflict involving K2 - folks using that need to make sure they set up users in Joomla and K2 both - and set their user permissions accordingly - in K2 and in Joomla - then synch (or import) the Joomla into the K2. That's the last thing I did before noticing the errors stopped - and was the first thing I did after the phone call to godaddy. Several hours of work after that and no further issues - and again this morning, briefly - still no issues.

Thought I'd offer that for whatever its worth - hopefully I'm not jumping the gun - is anyone else who has this error message also working with K2?

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds