Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

• Anthony

Re: Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • I was having this same problem on GoDaddy.

Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /home/joyride/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/include.php on line 24

With there newest single site account I didn't have access to turn APC off with the file but I was able to move to PHP Version 5.5.8 through CPanel without and problem soved.

Question I have as this point: What is the root cause? I can spcukate; php version 5.4.26?

-Anthony
    • Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Anthony.
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • Anthony, thank you for the information. I too was experiencing the same issue with shared hosting on Godaddy after migrating away from another hosting provider where the error had not occurred.

Similar to Anthony, creating a .user.ini file in the root folder with an instruction to set APC off was not working. Therefore, I have took advantage of Goaddy's facility to change from default php 5.4.26 to 5.5.10, and this 'Fatal Error...public_html/libraries/rokcommon/include.php on line 24' has yet to re-occur.
    • Z Mina
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Kat,
      I have the same issue, which I have posed a week earlier on Joomla 2.5.24 website and did not get any answer.

I am willing to make a duplicate website (running with another domain) just to solve this problem. I can give you all the user and pswd you need either for the website backend or the ftp.

The original post is found here:

www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-extensi...ndable-on-rokgallery
    • OLOO

Re: I installed Rokgallery and it crushed my site

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • I cant access the admin or the front.I get the php error below. Please help.
      PHP Fatal error: Class 'JFile' not found in G:\httpdocs\modules\mod_roknavmenu\lib\RokNavMenu.php on line 73
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by OLOO.
  • Re: Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Hi, i too have this issue intermidently. It happended for me just now, we are definatly not on GoDaddy servers (served out of Auckland NZ), but we do run APC. I tried turning this to "File" in the config, but this made no difference. My only resolution was to restart the VPS we run it on and this caused the problem to dissapear. Maybe restarting the VPS and APC had some kind of cache clearing thing happen, whatever, it works, but I am sure that it will return sometime soon.

Here is the error message in my error log;
      PHP Fatal error:  Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /var/www/xxx/libraries/gantry/gantry.php on line 432

I have skimmed all the pages of this post, but don't see any definative resolution to the problem. Site is running Joomla 2.5.28, PHP 5.4.33, Gantry 4.1.26 and Acacia template v1.1
      Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)Linux VPS
      PHP version5.4.33
      Platform (name and version)Joomla 2.5.28
      Template/Extension (name and version)Acacia 1.1
      Link to the Issuefixed for now
    • dkirmis
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • Wondering if there was ever a final solution to this? I am having the same issue on a Wordpress site on GoDaddy hosting. If I try to load ANY additional plugins, the site starts crashing with the fatal error listed here. I have another thread open for this, but no solution was ever found. I searched the forum and found this, and just wondering if anything was resolved. I read the post about placing "apc.enabled = off" in the php5.ini file, but not sure where to find that. I am using a .user.ini file per GoDaddy tech support...do I put it in there? I have "apc.enabled=1" in that file now per Rockettheme tech...do I change it? It hasn't helped the way it is! :-) Please help if anyone knows a fix...client is getting frustrated!

Hosting Company: GoDaddy
      CMS: Wordpress 4.2.2
      Theme: Diametric
      PHP version: 5.4 (native) I think I was told in another thread to change to this
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• dkirmis
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thank you...I read this, but in cpanel, I do not see anywhere to change my php initialization file. I see php processes, and set php version, but nowhere mentions php initialization file. This documentation does say that cpanel supports .user.ini, which I AM using, and I do have that command in it (apc.enabled=0). I changed it from my previous message, when I had it set to 1. Is there somewhere else in cpanel where I can find this file?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• dkirmis wrote:
      Thank you...I read this, but in cpanel, I do not see anywhere to change my php initialization file. I see php processes, and set php version, but nowhere mentions php initialization file. This documentation does say that cpanel supports .user.ini, which I AM using, and I do have that command in it (apc.enabled=0). I changed it from my previous message, when I had it set to 1. Is there somewhere else in cpanel where I can find this file?

You'll have to ask Godaddy support or Google it as I don't use Godaddy.
    • dkirmis
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Should I do this for all of my sites on GoDaddy?

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds