Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

Posted 10 years 7 months ago
    • hi again,

we still need to address this problem, but maybe you could let us know if you're using any cache on your site and if so which settings you are using?

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

• We are having some "fatal errors" using Gantry v4.1.17 here is the most recent log info
      mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Class 'JModuleHelper' not found in [siteroot]/httpdocs/libraries/gantry/core/renderers/gantrymodulesrenderer.class.php on line 60

We do use some "cache" on the site. All of the cache we used is browser cache control and cache headers from .htaccess (I would be willing to PM the exact settings if needed)

EDIT:
      According to the Joomla documentation Wiki My issue is due to a missing line in the code, the following code should be added before line 60
      jimport( 'joomla.application.module.helper' );

Thus final code at line 59 and 60 should be
      jimport( 'joomla.application.module.helper' );
                     $modules = JModuleHelper::getModules($position);

I have tested this fix, and so far I have not been able to trigger the previous fatal error.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

thank you for your post, but i actually believe it is not related to the original error mentioned in this thread?

Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /home/content/22/7293322/html/boughnerracing/libraries/gantry/gantry.php on line 432

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • voltayr

• Hey hey having the same issue at 2.bizoodles.com/edgewaterexpo

happens randomly really need this issue fixed or find the cause so we can turn this off please thx!!!
    • voltayr

• Another site we are having the same issue even in the backend randomly we are getting the exact error on a totally different template? Please help if its a module then lets just turn it off thx!

www.mediationlawyerdaytonabeach.com same issue on front end problem as well.

• I was having this problem today and uploaded an older version of gantry.php and now the problem is solved. Not the ideal way to go about it but it worked!
    • voltayr

• Oh that sounds like a fantastic solution can you provide the steps you did to do the older version of gantry? Please advise thx!!!

• It's simple, open up the original zipped file you installed with that has Gantry in it and find that file (the error message tells you right where it is) and upload it. To be safe, rename the current non-working file to something else so you still have it just in case.
    • Rub
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Electronics Engineer - Medical Molding

Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    • Kat05 wrote:
      hi there,

thank you for your post, but i actually believe it is not related to the original error mentioned in this thread?

Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /home/content/22/7293322/html/boughnerracing/libraries/gantry/gantry.php on line 432

kat :)

Hi Kat, Any updates? It seems that more than one user is affected with same error, hopefully you guys will have fix soon.
    • Rub

Steve Jobs "We will miss you"
      We are volunteers - Don't be rude
    • Rub
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Electronics Engineer - Medical Molding

Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    • I noticed that after the 432 error, Cleaning the cache fix the problem but that's a temporary fix, it will give the same error after loading additional content
    • Rub

Steve Jobs "We will miss you"
      We are volunteers - Don't be rude

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds