Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

• Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Fatal Error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object

Posted 11 years 1 month ago
    • I do not work with or for RocketTheme. I'm an end user like yourself. I, however, find that GoDaddy's support is far from excellent. I have hosted sites with GoDaddy, BlueHost, Media Temple, Hostgator, OVH in Europe and many others. Most have a much faster turn-around time than GoDaddy. I usually have any issues solved within 30 minutes to 2 hours tops with any of those providers...and yes, with GoDaddy, things do get solved eventually, but they have very restrictive hosting policies and are slow to update core backend software.

If you host 30 sites, you certainly should consider a VPS and manage the hosting yourself and HostGator has a very competitive VPS. Why pay $10 or $20 per site per month (so for 30 sites, that comes to between $300 to $600 a month) to GoDaddy when you can get a better level of service for $100/per month for a level 5 VPS and create individual cPanels for each client. You can still charge your clients whatever you want, for example, $10/month per client and effectively pay for your VPS.

Just my advice.
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii
    • Mandolin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• If Go Daddy is the problem then why are we getting the exact same error on a site we're developing on bluehost? It happens usually when you refresh and sometimes when you click home button.
    • Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I am not saying that GoDaddy is necessarily the problem...and in my request for more info about your installation, if you notice, I didn't ask where your site is hosted...just asked about version numbers.

Anyway, I recommend that you actually post this issue on the Graffito forum as this issue may be related to the template and not Gantry itself...and you are more likely to get accurate assistance from other users as well as from the Mods on that forum.

http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=670&rb_v=viewforum
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii
    • Mandolin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you for the input - the site I am getting the exact same error on with bluehost is the Cerulean template and Joomla 3.0.3 site. The Go Daddy site we're having the issues with is 2.5.9. It's not consistent though, which is likely why you aren't getting the error, but clients from both of those sites are getting it and calling me. Refresh seems to cause the problem more than clicking.
    • Kurt J

• I too have checked your site and clicked through everywhere and refreshed several times without an issue. Site is very slow though. Have you check what the entry is on "/home/content/22/7293322/html/boughnerracing/libraries/gantry/gantry.php on line 432"? That may give you at least a direction for the error.
    • Kurt Johnston
    • Kurt J

• I too have checked your site and clicked through everywhere and refreshed several times without an issue. Site is very slow though. Have you check what the entry is on "/home/content/22/7293322/html/boughnerracing/libraries/gantry/gantry.php on line 432"? That may give you at least a direction for the error.
    • Kurt Johnston
    • AlainZ

Posted 11 years 22 hours ago
    • Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in yoursite/libraries/gantry/gantry.php on line 432

Hello to you all.
      According to me (and after experimentation) the origin of this problem is with the APC.

1/ If you have some control over your PHP.INI, disable the APC with apc.enabled=0

2/ End and restart all system processes ,server side; some hosts give you the opportunity.

3/ Observe if the error occurs again. Try several times alternativelly with apc.enabled=0 and apc.enabled=1, or just ;apc.enabled=0 (commented if it is on by default on your distant host )

4/ If the error does not happen again when apc.enabled=0 , you can conclude that the problem is with APC (APC conflicts with other cache systems running on the site); and you can continue your life without APC if your site is not slowed down . In this case, don't forget to set the Joomla cache handler and the Joomla session handler to "File", not "Alternative PHP Cache" (APC)

5/ If you have to use the APC, set apc.enabled=1 and configure the APC settings : enable them one after the other and try different sizes and times to determine the correct settings. Don't forget that there can be interferences with joomla and gantry caches.
      More can be read at :
      http://wiki.joyent.com/wiki/display/gen/Enabling+APC+for+PHP
      http://fr2.php.net/manual/en/apc.configuration.php#ini.apc.enabled
      http://www.howtoforge.com/apc-php5-apache2-fedora8

6/ It would be nice if you could give me some feed back, as I can't try this solution intensively on different servers.

7/ My host is Godaddy. They give you acces to a form of php5.ini (virtual??) that you can write in. Moreover, from their setting panel, you can end and restart system processes.on your server

I hope it can help you.
    • Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by AlainZ.
    • iqiniso

Posted 10 years 11 months ago
    • Been having exactly the same error. Checked the system logs and apache is kicking out this error

[Mon May 06 03:27:01 2013] [error] [client 103.5.142.6] PHP Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /var/www/vhosts/n.izorg.org/httpdocs/libraries/gantry/gantry.php on line 432
      [Mon May 06 03:27:01 2013] [error] [client 103.5.142.6] PHP Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: JLoader::$classes in /libraries/loader.php on line 195

Not sure what the issue is here. Posted on the forum, but have had no response to this at all. Hoping this newer post will result.

Reading around it appears to be a conflict with the PHP version, but I am using the current Version of PHP suggested by the gantry docs.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 11 months ago
    • hi all,

apologies that this thread did not get any attention from our team.
      please make sure you're using the latest version of gantry, the template and extensions as well as joomla. if you keep having issues, please feel free to send me your link and super admin details to take a closer look.

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Grant
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • iCast Interactive

Posted 10 years 9 months ago
    • Kat05, I have experienced a very simular issue and have received no help from anyone on how to fix this... This is also why I have decided not to renew my account (in which I have been a member for at least 3 years on and off) until I get help to fix this... Can you please be of some help or point me in the right direction...

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=15...00700&rb_v=viewtopic

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds