Welcome Guest! Login
1 items / $24.00 Checkout

please read - when your template parameters dont show..

• prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: please read - when your template parameters dont show..

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • Fixed 8)
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
  • Re: please read - when your template parameters dont show..

• Prim, Thank you very much. I've seen what you did. Is not it dangerous to put the folders on 757?

Regards, Robert.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• 757 is not optimal but some servers needs it due to wrong ownership settings. Only a server admin can fix that. Try talking to your webhost.
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

• Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I'll have to double check but I think it's the middle digit that is most dangerous at "7". I believe that's the "group writable" setting. "777" is worse than "757".

But like Prim said, check with your host and see if you can sort it out to use "755".
    • kadams
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi,
      I get the same error in Quantive with the most recent rlt, although I have installed this same template on the same server without issue... I am unaware of any changes to the server. Did this get solved? thanks,
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• kadams wrote:
      Hi,
      I get the same error in Quantive with the most recent rlt, although I have installed this same template on the same server without issue... I am unaware of any changes to the server. Did this get solved? thanks,
      hi there,

this topic is already really long and a lot of different issues and solutions have been mentioned.
      can you be a bit more specific by what exact error you are referring to?

thanks a lot, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • kadams
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• thanks kat,
      I was referring to this error message:
      <snip>
      The parameter file /templates/rt_panacea_j15/params.ini is writable!

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 215

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 216

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'CacheException' with message 'Unable to use given directory. Check file permissions.' in /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php:50 Stack trace: #0 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(73): FileCacheDriver->__construct(900, '/home/nemcortz/...') #1 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(59): GantryCache->init(true) #2 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(50): GantryCache->__construct(true) #3 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/gantry.php(190): GantryCache::getInstance(true) #4 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/gantry.php(254): gantry_admin_setup() #5 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/admin/elements/gantry.php(54): require_once('/home/nemcortz/...') #6 /home/nemcortz/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element.php(76): JElementGantry->fetchEl in /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 50
      </snip>

I pasted the above from this thread.... my directories were similar but with the exact same error messages. I had to get my site up and running so I solved my trouble (sort of) by installing a previous version of the quantive rocketlauncher package (CHANGELOG.php 18172 2010-07-17 ) and all was well..... the one that didn;t work was a newer version - (CHANGELOG.php 19340 2010-11-03 )... when attempting to edit the template settings (gantry) the page listed text and the login fields for the ftp layer but no gantry controls.... and the errors as above.

thanks for your help,
      kadams
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Please make sure that all the directories are writable. You can check this in Help > System info > Directory permissions. They should all be green.

• Re: please read - when your template parameters dont show..

• I had a problem on the template Maelstrom . template parameteres are not displaying .
      i got the error of

•Menu Assignment•
      •Menus•: •Cannot assign default template.•
      •Parameters• •The parameter file /templates/rt_maelstrom_j15/params.ini is writable!•

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/manasviventures/public_html/new/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 216

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/manasviventures/public_html/new/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 216

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'CacheException' with message 'Unable to use given directory. Check file permissions.' in /home/manasviventures/public_html/new/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php:50 Stack trace: #0 /home/manasviventures/public_html/new/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(73): FileCacheDriver->__construct(900, '/home/manasvive...') #1 /home/manasviventures/public_html/new/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(59): GantryCache->init(true) #2 /home/manasviventures/public_html/new/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(50): GantryCache->__construct(true) #3 /home/manasviventures/public_html/new/components/com_gantry/gantry.php(190): GantryCache::getInstance(true) #4 /home/manasviventures/public_html/new/components/com_gantry/gantry.php(254): gantry_admin_setup() #5 /home/manasviventures/public_html/new/components/com_gantry/admin/elements/gantry.php(54): require_once('/home/manasvive...') #6 /home/manasviventures/ in /home/manasviventures/public_html/new/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 50

I changed all file permissions to 0777
      And i did not got a Solution

and i changed the file permissions of com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php to 646 and checked but my problem had not rectified.

Can u please help me how to solve this problem. :)
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Can you PM me a link to your site as well as super-andmin & FTP details?

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds