Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

please read - when your template parameters dont show..

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

please read - when your template parameters dont show..

Posted 13 years 11 months ago
    • hi all,

we had a few members who had issues on their site when trying to open the template parameters.
      basically the whole right part of the parameters screen would not load, so it would look like this:
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

if you have the same issue, please try the following to find out what exactly is causing this:

1. in your joomla admin go to > site > global configuration > server..
      on the left set "error reporting" to "maximum".

2. now go back to check on your template parameters:
      > extensions > template manager > rt_gantry_j15 (or whatever your gantry template is)
      and check near the bottom of the screen if you see any errors.

so far we have found 2 different error messages:

a) Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in ../libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 146

and

b) Fatal error: Class '   ' not found in ../libraries/joomla/language/language.php on line 171

the solutions:
      for a) try to update your php version. some versions such as 5.0.5 will cause this problem.

for b) check ALL of your menu item titles (in all menus, even if they are not published, or set to access level: registered etc).

the gantry template parameters load all menu items for the per-menu-item configuration and it seems that certain unusual characters in menu titles such as :: are causing an issue.

please go through your menu items and rename them where needed.
      do not use any :: or similar. normal foreign characters such as èüéöàä etc will NOT cause a problem.

once you have corrected the menu item titles (and probably aliases) then the gantry template parameters should start to load correctly for all the different gantry templates on your site.

if you get any other error messages than those listed above, please let us know.

hope this helps, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: please read - when your template parameters dont show..

• Running PHP Version5.30.
      The messages I have are:
      Menu Assignment
      Menus: Cannot assign default template.
      followed by
      Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\wamp\www\Gantry\components\com_gantry\admin\elements\versioncheck.php on line 106

Thanks for your assisstance.

• Have followed the tutorials to install the rocket launcher bundle for Somaxiom
      Running PHP Version 5.3.1

Menu Assignment
      Menus: Cannot assign default template.
      Parameters The parameter file \templates\rt_somaxiom_j15\params.ini is writable!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\xampp\htdocs\tester\components\com_gantry\admin\elements\versioncheck.php on line 106

• If you getting a similar error to

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\xampp\htdocs\tester\components\com_gantry\admin\elements\versioncheck.php on line 106

it seems the problem is that curl was not enabled by default in Xampp.

got to:
      C:\xampp\php\php.ini
      open file in favourite directory

search for

;extension=php_curl.dll

remove semicolon

extension=php_curl.dll
      save
      restart xampp and it should work

• Many Thanks Claudio its working!! :cheesy:
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: please read - when your template parameters dont show..

Posted 13 years 8 months ago
    • Kat05 wrote:
      hi all,
      if you get any other error messages than those listed above, please let us know.
      Hi Kat,

I am having the same problem, just upgraded Gantry to v3.0.10 using the Panacea template.
      Followed the above and got this message:

•Parameters• •The parameter file /templates/rt_panacea_j15/params.ini is unwritable!•
      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6589629 bytes) in ../components/com_gantry/admin/elements/text.php on line 30

Not sure what to do.
      Thanks for any suggestions!
      Dianne
    • Served as: Joomla! Community Leadership Team Member, Co-Lead Editor, Joomla! Community Magazine, Open Source Matters Board Member 2010-13, JWC13 & JWC14 Organizer, JoomlaDay Boston Organizer

• Me again.... in looking at the params.ini file, it seems that the © that I inserted as the copyright using the Mac keyboard shortcut (option+g) has spawned itself in a massive way... this fills more than a page: �

When I first saw it in the footer, I turned the copyright off in Gantry and created a custom mod and assigned it the copyright position.

However, ../components/com_gantry/admin/elements/text.php on line 30 is articlestyle=box1

I don't know if this is a clue or not. I do not know PHP.

I hesitate to do anything. :cry: Will wait til morning....
      Thanks for any help! :-)
      Dianne
    • Served as: Joomla! Community Leadership Team Member, Co-Lead Editor, Joomla! Community Magazine, Open Source Matters Board Member 2010-13, JWC13 & JWC14 Organizer, JoomlaDay Boston Organizer

• Me again.... :-)

I had my server tech guy on Skype.... he upped my memory and I have Gantry back. I deleted the copyright © (option+g) and the params.ini file looks good now.

FYI, I changed it to © on my other Panacea template.

This is obviously not a solution for anyone else, but maybe it will provide some clues?

Merci!
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: please read - when your template parameters dont show..

• hi again,

yes, it is recommended to use html entities, such as © instead of © and similar.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds