Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

please read - when your template parameters dont show..

• Re: please read - when your template parameters dont show..

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • Hello, I've just installed the new Hybrid template using the Rocketlauncher and I'm unable to access the template manger options as dicussed in this topic.
      I had another RT template working OK before on this domain/server.
      The error messages I get are as follows:
      Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 176 Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 177 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'CacheException' with message 'Unable to use given directory. Check file permissions.' in /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php:48 Stack trace: #0 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(73): FileCacheDriver->__construct(900, '/hsphere/local/...') #1 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(59): GantryCache->init(true) #2 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(50): GantryCache->__construct(true) #3 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/gantry.php(167): GantryCache::getInstance(true) #4 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/admin/elements/gantry.php(51): require_once('/hsphere/local/...') #5 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/elem in /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 48

Thanks.

• what about me? I dont have any fatal errrors displayed and the template parameters do not show up anymore... the only thing I did I switched between fusion to Split in the template menu options, and probably played with the main menu position... after saving it dissapeard all ?

what NOW?
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: please read - when your template parameters dont show..

• Matt Wild wrote:
      Hello, I've just installed the new Hybrid template using the Rocketlauncher and I'm unable to access the template manger options as dicussed in this topic.
      I had another RT template working OK before on this domain/server.
      The error messages I get are as follows:
      Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 176 Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 177 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'CacheException' with message 'Unable to use given directory. Check file permissions.' in /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php:48 Stack trace: #0 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(73): FileCacheDriver->__construct(900, '/hsphere/local/...') #1 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(59): GantryCache->init(true) #2 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(50): GantryCache->__construct(true) #3 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/gantry.php(167): GantryCache::getInstance(true) #4 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/admin/elements/gantry.php(51): require_once('/hsphere/local/...') #5 /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/elem in /hsphere/local/home/mattw1ma/cowpatrol.co.uk/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 48

Thanks.
      hi there,

please check the following reply:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=42...pic&start=15#p575935

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Johnnie Kazija wrote:
      what about me? I dont have any fatal errrors displayed and the template parameters do not show up anymore... the only thing I did I switched between fusion to Split in the template menu options, and probably played with the main menu position... after saving it dissapeard all ?

what NOW?
      hi there,

you can send me a pm with your link and super admin details if you like.

• Same problem here - I got the Gantry message in the Template section to update to the latest version 3.1.1 (the previous worked absolutely fine) which I did and not none of the templates functionalities are showing and just get the Gantry detail page.
      My site runs on PHP version 5.2.14
      The template I use is rt_syndicate_j15
    • Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sandswimmer.

• I have managed to get it work by uninstalling roknav and removing all leftover files or folders, after that I have reinstalled gantry to 3.0.12 and now its working...
      I will update again and if it happens again I will PM you my details...

• Many thank Johnnie - I have found out that the issue was caused by a lot of the folders not being writeable - making all the folders listed in the directory permission writeable solved the issue. It is odd that this was not an issue with the previous version of Gantry. Thank you just the same!

• I am glad that my "trial and error" could help somebody :D

Posted 13 years 5 months ago
    • Kat05 wrote:
      Johnnie Kazija wrote:
      what about me? I dont have any fatal errrors displayed and the template parameters do not show up anymore... the only thing I did I switched between fusion to Split in the template menu options, and probably played with the main menu position... after saving it dissapeard all ?

what NOW?
      hi there,

you can send me a pm with your link and super admin details if you like.

today I went into template parameters to change some css styling, but havent applied any change... after I got back Template parameters again not showing... but when trying to debug now it states:
      Fatal error: Call to a member function addScriptDeclaration() on a non-object in /home/myfolder/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/gantry.class.php on line 883

any advice on that now? :shock:
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 13 years 5 months ago
    • hi johnnie,

which version of gantry do you use now? can you try the latest?

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds