Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

please read - when your template parameters dont show..

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: please read - when your template parameters dont show..

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • hi there,

can you disable the debug settings in the joomla global configuration?

seems you have it enabled and that can cause an issue.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: please read - when your template parameters dont show..

• Unfortunately, after following many, many threads in the last few hours, I have not managed to get the backend admin template panel working...

Basically, I checked all issues as mentioned in the Gantry post.
      Running FreeBSD with PHP 5.3, Mysql 5.x
      curl, zlib, xml are all installed, 128M mem, no php debugging, writeable directories, etc.

When I turn on debugging in Joomla and maximum error logging, I don't get a fatal error after the "text" in the admin backend.
      What I noted, is when I uninstall Gantry (component and the system plugin), the admin template page DOES show, only the options are grayed out.

Is there something else to try?

• Hello. I am getting the exact same errors as Seth listed in his post with default gantry and Juxta templates. To troubleshoot I went through this post ( www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=33...16235&rb_v=viewtopic ) as Kat suggested. Most of the settings that it recommends match my install.

I have the newest version of gantry installed 3.1.6(Bundle) along with the newest version of joomla 1.5.22 and Juxta template 1.5.4. All of my directories are showing unwritable but when i check them in my ftp program they are chmod correctly Dir. 755 files 644. The open_basedir, curl, and dom settings match my install. I have ftp enabled and I can install components, modules and plug-ins fine so that would tell me ftp is working.

This install is running on a CentOS server with Apache2.2.3 with php 5.2.9 and a DB version of 5.0.45.

Why are all the setting correct and the directories are still unwritable. Can anyone help me understand these problems.
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Rob Wijnhoven wrote:
      Unfortunately, after following many, many threads in the last few hours, I have not managed to get the backend admin template panel working...

Basically, I checked all issues as mentioned in the Gantry post.
      Running FreeBSD with PHP 5.3, Mysql 5.x
      curl, zlib, xml are all installed, 128M mem, no php debugging, writeable directories, etc.

When I turn on debugging in Joomla and maximum error logging, I don't get a fatal error after the "text" in the admin backend.
      What I noted, is when I uninstall Gantry (component and the system plugin), the admin template page DOES show, only the options are grayed out.

Is there something else to try?
      hi there,

if you like send me your link and super admin details to take a closer look.

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Ron Faber wrote:
      Hello. I am getting the exact same errors as Seth listed in his post with default gantry and Juxta templates. To troubleshoot I went through this post ( www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=33...16235&rb_v=viewtopic ) as Kat suggested. Most of the settings that it recommends match my install.

I have the newest version of gantry installed 3.1.6(Bundle) along with the newest version of joomla 1.5.22 and Juxta template 1.5.4. All of my directories are showing unwritable but when i check them in my ftp program they are chmod correctly Dir. 755 files 644. The open_basedir, curl, and dom settings match my install. I have ftp enabled and I can install components, modules and plug-ins fine so that would tell me ftp is working.

This install is running on a CentOS server with Apache2.2.3 with php 5.2.9 and a DB version of 5.0.45.

Why are all the setting correct and the directories are still unwritable. Can anyone help me understand these problems.
      hi there,

could be an apache ownership issue here.
      maybe this link will shed some light: www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=32..._v=viewtopic#p607160

• gulam
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I am using panacea template. I had Gantry v3.0.10 and everything was workinf fine. I upgraded to v3.1.6 and am getting this problem of template parameters not showing.

The error message I get at the bottom reads:

The parameter file /templates/rt_panacea_j15/params.ini is writable!

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 215

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 216

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'CacheException' with message 'Unable to use given directory. Check file permissions.' in /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php:50 Stack trace: #0 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(73): FileCacheDriver->__construct(900, '/home/nemcortz/...') #1 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(59): GantryCache->init(true) #2 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/gantrycache.class.php(50): GantryCache->__construct(true) #3 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/gantry.php(190): GantryCache::getInstance(true) #4 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/gantry.php(254): gantry_admin_setup() #5 /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/admin/elements/gantry.php(54): require_once('/home/nemcortz/...') #6 /home/nemcortz/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element.php(76): JElementGantry->fetchEl in /home/nemcortz/public_html/components/com_gantry/core/utilities/cache/fileCacheDriver.class.php on line 50
      \

I changed the permission of the com_gantry folder and its sub-directories to 777 but no success.

Can you please help.

Gulam

• Hi Kat,

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, all permissions are right and the ownership is set to "www", which is the Apache user on our system. Admin access is not possible, because of work-related issues.
      Could I try an older version of Gantry as the previous post 'suggests'?

Thanks, Rob
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Rob Wijnhoven wrote:
      Hi Kat,

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, all permissions are right and the ownership is set to "www", which is the Apache user on our system. Admin access is not possible, because of work-related issues.
      Could I try an older version of Gantry as the previous post 'suggests'?

Thanks, Rob
      hi rob,

that really depends on the template you are using, older ones are fine with gantry 3.0.x, newer ones require gantry 3.1.x

• that really depends on the template you are using, older ones are fine with gantry 3.0.x, newer ones require gantry 3.1.x

Tried 3.0.12 but same problem. It might be a problem with rights, but I cannot find what's wrong, all rights are set correctly... Too bad we can't figure out why it doesn't work. Plan to move to a different server soon, since it works like a charm on a different hosting provider that I tried...

Thanks for the quick responses!
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

maybe check with your host if they can help you out on that issue.
      but yea, a good host always saves time and trouble.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds