Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Will Future Support Continue?

• tgath
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Will Future Support Continue?

Posted 7 months 2 weeks ago
    • Tazzarkin: Thank you for your thoughts. I agree with your sentiment but the existing 'up-to-date' templates are producing errors in php 8.1 as I have indicated in an above comment. This is

Rocket Theme was my 'partner' as I ran my agency and I was a (self-proclaimed) Rocket Theme evangelist. The products theat they have provided over the decade or so that I have been with them were second to none.

My concern is for the future and it is a very real one for me.

Thank you again for your thoughts.
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt

• tgath
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Douglas: Thank you for the "Inspire Theme" tip. I have invesigated and must say, although it is the best that I have seen to replace Rocket Theme a few things concern me as well. (1.) Yes, it uses Gantry. As discussed in an earlier reply support will most likely continue on GitHub but my concern is that it won't be as organized as it has been in the past. (2.) I.T. offers the R.T. extensions as addons which, as we are aware, havent been updated or supported in several years and don't work (as far as I know) with Joomla 4. Hmmm .... (3.) I. T. offers 'Particles' as add ons for a premium price. Well, I have attempted to install particles on RocketTheme templates (with Mark's help) and was never successful. It's not a trivial procedure. (4.) The templates that they offer are no where near as inspired as the RocketTheme templates. (through Horizon anyway ;-)

I will look more deeply into Inspire theme.

My question and answers on this thread are in no way intended to offend or denegrate RocketTheme in anyway. I am just frustrated in looking for a path forward for my agency and am hoping for some direction.
  • Re: SOLVED Will Future Support Continue?

• I hear you -- and we really do need to find out what's up. The biggest thing is the lack of any formal response. I mean, is anyone running RocketTheme?

DAS
    • The following users have thanked you: tgath

• jooru
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • It’s Webtime! )

• Friends, greetings!
      Carefully, like you, I follow the topic. I'm just as worried.
      If there is any news, be sure to write, please.
    • — We don’t put dates, with a date the document becomes invalid.
      © Tomcat Behemoth, “The Master and Margarita” by Mikhail Bulgakov

• tgath
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thank you Douglas for posting that to InspireTheme. I've read the reply and I also am encouraged by it. Thank you for including my specific concerns in the post as well.. With the info in their reply as my guide, I will indeed become an InspireTheme member. I'll keep a hopeful eye in the direction of RocketTheme as well.

I appreciate all of you who have contributed to this discussion. I will mark is as 'solved'

THanks!
      T. Gath
      Ed Web Services

• Good to hear. I'm definitely NOT giving up on RocketTheme yet. Obviously there are issues -- but they must know BY NOW. I just hope someone will communicate soon.

DAS
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 7 months 1 week ago
    • I think this conversation was good and the main points concerning support have been addressed along with the original poster marking this solved. I will move this thread into a locked/solved state. Please continue posting any support inquiries in the appropriate sub forums.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds