Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Will Future Support Continue?

• tgath
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Will Future Support Continue?

Posted 8 months 5 days ago
    • Thank you for your reply Matt! It makes me for hopeful for Gantry development in the future and continued support for Rocket Theme issue support from the community. In my decade with Rocket Theme I have appreciated replies and forum posts from you. :-)

With your suggestions I'll look to GitHub, Google as needed and continue to be part of the community and answer posts on the Forum as I encounter them.

Thanks!
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt

• Re: SOLVED Will Future Support Continue?

• Wow... Heart Breaking News is an understatement. I've had a slow year on web design and come back to this! Mark has been the staple of the support forums as long as I can remember, and he alone has been one of the main reasons I've stayed with RT for almost 20 years now. I learned and grew with Joomla thanks to RT and Mark.

I wouldn't be put off by the time taken to answer your post. Eyes are focused on filling Mark's digital shoes in the support section!

Also, the comment about the money being made here... I don't think this is a gold mine and I'm sure much of Mark's time on the forums were due to his kindness and always wanting to mentor (he taught me A LOT!).

I hope this doesn't offend, but RT seems to have been stale for a while. It seems the main dev's started working more on Gantry and Grav, and then had to backpeddal to get everything ready and working with Joomla 4. The 'newer' templates seem to be reworked from previous ones, but, this does show they are still working and hopefully will come back kicking! I'm definatly rooting for the future of this community!

Just my 2 pennies.
      Prayers for Mark's family and friends.
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt

• Rod
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Jeff Keller wrote:
      Wow... Heart Breaking News is an understatement. I've had a slow year on web design and come back to this! Mark has been the staple of the support forums as long as I can remember, and he alone has been one of the main reasons I've stayed with RT for almost 20 years now. I learned and grew with Joomla thanks to RT and Mark.

I wouldn't be put off by the time taken to answer your post. Eyes are focused on filling Mark's digital shoes in the support section!

Just my 2 pennies.
      Prayers for Mark's family and friends.

I Couldn't agree more..
    • Heavy Duty Truck Parts
      NJ Fishing
      Beach Haven Fishing Charters
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Posted 8 months 10 hours ago
    • Hi Matt

Haven't been here in a bit and was shocked to hear of his passing. Mr.T was the leader of the A-Team in my book.
      Condolences to his family and friends
    • The following users have thanked you: tgath, Matt

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 8 months 7 hours ago
    • This message contains only secure information that is visible to DanG, moderators and administrators
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • tgath
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 8 months 6 hours ago
    • Allow me be more direct here. So nagging at me every day as an agency is "do I pay my annual Joomla membership fee as I have for a decade now if there are not going to be any new templates or updates being released". It's not a trivial amount of money and eventually the existing handful of J4 templates will age out if not kept up to date. Already there are no J4 rocket launcher packages. J5 is on the horizon..... etc.

That is my more immediate (rhetorical) question
    • The following users have thanked you: Waves Web Design

• tgath
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
    • So in updating to php 8.1 one of my sites crashed. Upon reverting to php 8.0 the site was fine. It was a stardard Gantry error however all extensions and templates was up to date. Is this a harbinger of the (near) future?

The site was built using the current RocketLauncher package and subsequently updated to J4-current.

URL: sammynaquinmusic.com
      Template: Horizon 1.5.0
      Error: attached...

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Posted 7 months 2 weeks ago
    • tgath wrote:
      Allow me be more direct here. So nagging at me every day as an agency is "do I pay my annual Joomla membership fee as I have for a decade now if there are not going to be any new templates or updates being released". It's not a trivial amount of money and eventually the existing handful of J4 templates will age out if not kept up to date. Already there are no J4 rocket launcher packages. J5 is on the horizon..... etc.

That is my more immediate (rhetorical) question

I think your answer is in the lack of response from anyone on the RT team. Looking at the more prominent members on the forum, Karol and Matt haven't visited in a week and Damir was last online in August. Time to move on from RocketTheme I think, which is highly irritating as I've just spent money on a new template to upgrade my site to Joomla 4. As a non-developer user, the support is critical to get me through setting up the template and it seems to be all non-existent.
    • The following users have thanked you: tgath

• tazzarkin
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I wanted to add a thought. I think these conversations are good and healthy, but I feel some of the RT criticism has been a little harsh.

Personally, I agree with you guys. I hope that RocketTheme will update their Rocket Launchers to Joomla 4 and Joomla 5 too.

However, if you look at the Templates themselves, they've all been upgraded to work with Joomla 4. So, a lot of the leg-work has already been done. They've actually maintained the templates pretty well.

Even with the lack of support, Gantry and the RocketTheme templates are still better than anything out there. Gantry is a phenomenal CMS organizer. Plus, many of the templates are already upgraded.

I want to look at this with a glass half-full mentality. Give them some air to catch their bearings.

Many of templates are upgraded to Joomla 4. It will take time for the RocketLaunchers to catch up.
    • Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by tazzarkin.

• I'll chime in (again) and say that I, too, want the support to continue -- and really hope it does. The Gantry system is outstanding the templates are consistently good.

I'm a bit bewildered by how RocketTheme is "structured" in terms of a business. I don't understand who (if anyone) is in charge, how it's run, etc. The lack of formal responses *is* troubling.

But this is an excellent product and the legwork is there. It just needs to continue.

I started using www.InspireTheme.com , which is Ganty-based. I've gotten support from them -- and since they are Gantry-based, I'm going to ask them what's up because this has an effect on them.

DAS

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds