Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Will Future Support Continue?

• tazzarkin
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Will Future Support Continue?

Posted 8 months 1 week ago
    • To the People at RocketTheme,

Please continue the support at RocketTheme, and try to maintain the current templates too.

RocketTheme and Gantry have given so much to the Joomla community, and I like the idea of using the same interface for editing both WordPress and Joomla (and Grav too!)

We really hope you continue to support this site and the RocketTheme Templates.

You've given so much to the community. We really hope you continue!!

Sincerely,

A Loyal and Dedicated Customer
  • Re: SOLVED Will Future Support Continue?

• Hi,

It wasn't because of a lack of support at RocketTheme, but becasue I found a templated at InspireTheme that I tried that service out. I guess it's some former RocketTheme developer. The good news is that I bought there, got support, and things worked. But it's based on Gantry, which is good, but not good if this goes bad. But I'm hoping that RocketTheme will continue -- and that Gantry will, too.

DAS
    • Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Douglas Schneider.
    • The following users have thanked you: tazzarkin

• tazzarkin
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Douglas Schneider wrote:
      Hi,

It wasn't because of a lack of support at RocketTheme, but becasue I found a templated at InspireTheme that I tried that service out. I guess it's some former RocketTheme developer. The good news is that I bought there, got support, and things worked. But it's based on Gantry, which is good, but not good if this goes bad. But I'm hoping that RocketTheme will continue -- and that Gantry will, too.

DAS

I hope it continues too. People should be more thankful for Gantry. It makes the whole CMS come together (Joomla, WordPress, Grav).

I've tried other layout systems, but they are not as intuitive as Gantry is.

Gantry Rocks!! Gantry's definitely the best !!
    • tgath
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thank you for your information Douglas. I will check out Inspire Theme more completely as a potential source of newer templates. I agree that Gantry's continued development may be at risk but I also like the way it functions and am familiar.

Thank you again for your reply....
    • tgath
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Agreed! 100 per cent.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 8 months 6 days ago
    • A couple things....

With the loss of MrT I decided to come back around and pitch in where I can. Karol ( rockettheme.com/forum/profile/13593-karol-orzel ) has been crushing it (almost 5K posts total and roughly 100 posts/month in the past several months) and while some posts take several days to reply to there's been no post that's gone unanswered. So as an answer to the direct title of this post, I hope it's evident that support here has continued.

The majority of posts are for questions that have already been answered. If you see a post from a new user in the 'No Replies' section that's been covered drop them a link to the answer. This is not the easiest forum to search (I'll use Google about half the time when the Forum search results don't add up) but there's 100s of thousands of posts here and many many things have already been answered if you're willing to search.

ChatGPT has archived everything here and in the help docs and can answer a surprising amount of questions.

Edit: This next part is a personal note, meant to be seperated from the original RT support topic and is specifically about Gantry, a seperate open source project. There was a reply earlier in this thread about Gantry's continued support and this is my response to that as to what users can do to get invovled, if they decide to.

Gantry is open source. It will survive as long as the community around it cares enough about it. I know this goes above and beyond for a lot of users here but if you've started to dabble in TWIG or YAML or have experience with PHP there may be things you can help other users with here: github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues and if you find an issue that can be fixed you can submit a pull request to have your code implemented and help make Gantry stay strong well into the future.

Did you know the Theme Docs and Gantry Docs are open source too? There's "Edit" links (bottom of RT docs, top of Gantry docs) that you can submit GitHub pull requests on to add to, correct, or generally improve the docs.

TBH I'm not sure why Gantry isn't on Open Collective, but Grav (also Open Source) is, and you can help support the larger development team for both Grav and Gantry here: opencollective.com/grav -- to be clear I would assume support there funds Grav first and foremost. There is a contact option in Open Collective if you wish to make it clear you're trying to support Gantry; I'm sure every bit helps.

I got involved in RT many years ago because I did find a community here that was willing, and happy, to help each other. The moderators do their best to respond to posts but a top-down approach does not foster a great community. Help each other out when you can, show new users that they can find the most common answers if they're willing to search these forums and the docs at docs.gantry.org. A decent percentage of my own replies are simply linking people to the right place.

I love Gantry and I love RocketTheme and I've built my agency around these pillars (I'm a Grav/WordPress guy these days). It's the reason I'm here, it's the reason I post on GitHub, and it's the reason I'll continue to pour my own time and resources into doing my part to ensure that these platforms continue to thrive... at least until I retire :D
    • Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: DanG, tazzarkin, Waves Web Design, Sebestyén György

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Rod
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Re: SOLVED Will Future Support Continue?

• Matt wrote:
      A couple things....
      ... you can submit GitHub pull requests on to add to, correct, or generally improve the docs.
      In vain, if there are currently 426 errors and 29 pull requests unclosed on Github.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Rod wrote:
      But on a side note.. you would think those taking the money made here.. would make sure support and updates continued..?

As noted at the top of my post support HAS continued here, as evidenced by every single post getting a moderator reply, largely from Karol since MrT passed.
    • Last Edit: 8 months 6 days ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: tazzarkin

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Balazs Csontos wrote:
      In vain, if there are currently 426 errors and 29 pull requests unclosed on Github.

Issues do not equal errors, most have been appropriately tagged and responded to (many should be closed), and only... what... 2 or 3 pull requests are related to the docs? If you think there's a doc pull request that should be merged let me know and I'll see if I can get it done... and my more general comment was made to encourage people to respond to some of those issues (Gantry) if they think they could be of help.
    • Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: tazzarkin, Sebestyén György

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds