Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Magento Template Club

• Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Magento Template Club

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • You can post in the Magento Mynxx forum for more help customizing.

There will be a fair number of things to change as much of the text will have to be changed to light and there are a fair number of text classes.

Sounds crazy, but I'd find a unique odd ball color that isn't shared with anything else...then set my backgrounds to that instead of the black...then you will be sure to see all text that needs to change color.

After changing the text colors in all places, then you go back and do a search and replace for the one oddball color you used and make it black.

That would be my starting approach.
    • KMGDESIGN
    • Hero Rocketeer

• hi ben!
      it isnĀ“t the way to paint it 'black'. this is not the main problem.

whats the difference to an 'joomla-mynxx' template?
      what is magneto? another cms with an shop system?

what would you do?
      spend more time with mynxx-joomla, or time with magneto.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

screenshot 'black-mynxx'
    • JeffShinn
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Software Engineer (BS CET/MS CS)

• Magento ( www.magentocommerce.com/ ) is actually an e-commerce platform first and foremost, it is not meant to be a replacement or alternative to Joomla! or even Joomla! and VirtueMart. Magento is available as a free community edition, but is also available as Professional and Enterprise "leased" options.

Got a link to your site? It would help many of us to determine your best option.

It is not as simple as do you sell items or do you not. I have done two client sites with RokQuickCart and they were both successes because they needed a simple, integrated ecommerce solution that was easy for their team members to update.

On the other hand, VirtueMart is great for a site that is primarily a CMS-based site (content based) and happens to sell a good bit of merchandise.

Magento is the solution for commerce sites period. Magento DOES come with a CMS plugin, but you see the difference there: it is more of a content display tool for an ecommerce site, rather than a content site with an ecommerce plugin.

Hope that helped...

Jeff
    • When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?
    • JeffShinn
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Forgot to mention there are bridges such as MageBridge for bridging Joomla! and Magento, much like RT does for Joomla! and PHPBB3.

Jeff
    • When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?
  • Re: Magento Template Club

• When do you guys think your templates will be Magento 1.5 updated. I'm moving several carts over to this cart and I really like your work.
    • Fred K.
      Magento Site: http://www.hickdog.com
    • KMGDESIGN
    • Hero Rocketeer

• hi jeff!
      your answer is an very usefull answer for me.
      thanks.
      the site is not public yet. sorry.

when the layout is ready, there are roundabout 600 articles in the shop.
      the new site will be an mix between 'image&information and shop system'.

i think the joomla/mynxx/shop is an good choise.
    • JeffShinn
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hey just glad I can be of help.

With that much content I'd tend to agree with you. :D
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• cowboy fred wrote:
      When do you guys think your templates will be Magento 1.5 updated. I'm moving several carts over to this cart and I really like your work.
      I'm just finishing up a few fixes/additions for the last 1.4.2.0 update before I update everything to 1.5 (just so if anyone is wanting to stay on 1.4.2.0 for the time being they can). So I'll have that out tomorrow, and then hopefully the 1.5 update shortly afterwards (there's just a few things to change over and then test so hopefully won't be too much longer).
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
  • Re: Magento Template Club

Posted 13 years 1 month ago
    • Sam Mahoney wrote:
      cowboy fred wrote:
      When do you guys think your templates will be Magento 1.5 updated. I'm moving several carts over to this cart and I really like your work.
      I'm just finishing up a few fixes/additions for the last 1.4.2.0 update before I update everything to 1.5 (just so if anyone is wanting to stay on 1.4.2.0 for the time being they can). So I'll have that out tomorrow, and then hopefully the 1.5 update shortly afterwards (there's just a few things to change over and then test so hopefully won't be too much longer).

Any updates on upgrades to 1.5? I'm ready to go.
    • Fred K.
      Magento Site: http://www.hickdog.com
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Posted 13 years 1 month ago
    • you can already download them from the download section ...

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds