• Elite Rocketeer

Re: Magento Template Club

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • Nock
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Awesome!
      Are there "RocketLaunchers" for magento club templates like in joomla club?
      Thanks.
    • PaulK
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• "We've spent a great deal of time working towards this day because we wanted to make sure our templates for Magento were the most feature-rich and powerful available."

And you totally forgot about your Joomla users while doing it. Now we know why your Joomla templates are not compatible with 1.6 yet. I am completely disappointed with Rocket Themes and wish that I had chosen a different club.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Paul, you have no clue what your talking about. The team dedicated to the development of Magento templates is completely separate and has been working independently from the Joomla development team.

As I have been repeatedly saying via twitter, blog posts, and forum posts: We HAVE been working non-stop on Joomla 1.6 development, and we will continue to do so until we are satisfied the resulting releases are of our high RocketTheme caliber. The Joomla team has been working for the past few months tirelessly enduring 14 hour workdays, 7 days a week. We are not going to just throw stuff out there that is not of equal or better quality than our existing Joomla 1.5 products. This is not easy considering the current state of the Joomla 1.6 codebase, but we are doing everything in our power to make this happen as quickly as possible.

Comments like yours are not only uninformed, and basely false, they are grossly insulting.
    • PaulK
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Andy Miller wrote:
      Comments like yours are not only uninformed, and basely false, they are grossly insulting.

Please tell me how it is that other template clubs have versions of their themes that are already compatible with 1.6? I do not see their devs giving excuses for not having things done like "the installer is hard to work with" and I do not see their customers complaining about the themes not working correctly.

The attitude/condescension the Rocket Theme team has toward their costumers is beyond insulting.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Paul,PaulK wrote:
      Please tell me how it is that other template clubs have versions of their themes that are already compatible with 1.6? I do not see their devs giving excuses for not having things done like "the installer is hard to work with" and I do not see their customers complaining about the themes not working correctly.
      Would you care to name some of the Joomla 1.6 templates that other clubs have ready, that you have actually used in a live site environment? Yesterday I had one of my clients asking me to resolve an issue with a site. The problem was suspected to be template related. When I went into the template admin to see what the settings were I had just 5 options to work with. (see image). Try comparing that to any of the RT Gantry templates! :D

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

When you see J1.6 ready templates with only a fraction of the functionality included in their design then it is easy to forget that so much more has to happen with the more versatile templates.

Debates like these always remind me of my previous life in the automotive industry when new models are launched. There is all the marketing hype, motoring press, dealers, etc. all waiting for the first models. Bear in mind specifications have been leaked, spy shots taken, and test track spottings, but very few of the accessories manufacturers will commit to producing the accessories until the final design has been agreed, tests carried out and the car is in production. This is because they cannot afford to waste their time and money on making something that may not fit a few changes down the line.

Those that do gamble end up risking being stuck with a product that cannot be used, therefore is wasted. They also look less professional than those who waited and did the job based on the final sign off. The world is full of early adopters who say they wished they had waited for the final version.
      PaulK wrote:
      The attitude/condescension the Rocket Theme team has toward their costumers is beyond insulting.
      Whilst I know this was typo I had to chuckle at that as we don't have 'costumers' but it could be a good idea :cheesy:

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Rich Bean
    • Elite Rocketeer

• NZD - Jonathan
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • CEO, NZD Securities

• Atleast
    • M.j.

• Rocket is keep on going surprising me :D
      I just love rocket but i have one thing on my mind and that is will the magento club be the same as the other clubs with monthly releases?
      Thank for your answer
  • Re: Magento Template Club

• Congratulations to RT team and specially to their customers :cheesy:
      We need all RT template options in Magento, layout is too hard to work with.
      Jooml 1.6 looks great, but for 2nd half of the year...
      Miguel

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds