Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Magento Template Club

• NZD - Jonathan
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • CEO, NZD Securities

Re: Magento Template Club

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • It where a big suprise to me when i saw the demos that they where working so well.
      I will check it out later more close. Since i already using a fixed way to handle joomla, s7, and magento on same site. And everything uses the joomla RT template. So basictly we developed an own magento version of our RT template.

So hats off to RT team.
    • Bruce Valle
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Web Consultant

• I love Moxy and Affinity versions, Mynxx looks great too!
    • Bruce Valle
      Web Consultant
      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Re: Magento Template Club

• Hi RT,

Long time Joomla club member here and wanted to comment on your Magento themes. I posted on Facebook and hope you note that in your demo stores, your themes have a few SEO issues, like poor use of header tags and no canonical URLs. You need to NOINDEX,NOFOLLOW non-content pages like login, checkout, sitemap, etc. You might also want to include hproduct and hreview microformats in your product pages. I have spent a long time on Magento and would be happy to help on the forums, but I've already customizes my template (you were too late!). I'll be back for the next Magento project for sure.

Kevin
    • Do wacha gotta do to get to where you wanna be.
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Hi Kevin

Thanks for your comments - we're definitely going to take on board any suggestions from long-term Magento users. We're hoping to get lots of input from developers with live Magento stores under their belts, so we can make these templates the best Magento templates out there. All of our themes and extensions have been tested in a live store setting, but of course there's always room for improvement. We're also excited to see how developers feel about the numerous admin options that can speed up their development process, and will also welcome any suggestions in that department too.

I should also point out that certain stuff won't work with our demo due to the way it's set up with the theme changer - Web Server Rewrites for example - however there's nothing to stop members enabling that option on their own stores.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
    • NZD - Jonathan
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • CEO, NZD Securities

• Yea, they are fast!
      I just wonder how you got the dropdown menus in Prototype ?
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Hey Jonathan

All of the custom stuff was done with jQuery in noConflict mode - menus, scrollers, content sliders, modal windows etc. We removed the scriptaculous scripts that are no longer being used, but Prototype is used for the cart functionality so we needed to leave that intact.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
    • NZD - Jonathan
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • CEO, NZD Securities

• Great, then i will do a little custom version to my site aswell. Looks very good btw. Good work!
      Magento is heavy! Im using this to my site, that working as one with logins etc (Magento, Sector7, Joomla and phpBB3)
    • Krazza
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • Kudos and sadness. IMHO RT is now 'just' a template developer, when once I could rely on it for my J-fix each month, now I have to share them with a lot of new kids on the block.

The 'just' needs to be taken in the right context, Im trying to be derogatory in any way, everyone chooses their own path for their business,... wasnt pleased to see droop, then pe'bb and WP....this is one more fork away from the beginning.....change is good though......

Good luck RT...im actually a Mag fan....hope I can find a client to justify the amount of work that goes into a development that the platform requires...

Cheers
      Krazza
    • Black & White must be making a come back
    • NZD - Jonathan
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • CEO, NZD Securities

• Yea, i like the development.
  • Re: Magento Template Club

• Maybe it's squeezing the lemon too much to ask current members to pay extra for those templates. I wont join even though those 4 termplates are ok.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds