Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Update on Wage

• WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Update on Wage

Posted 12 years 6 months ago
    • I'd need a spreadsheet, just to keep track of what I took!

Greg
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Full-Time Cancer Fighter!

Posted 12 years 6 months ago
    • WBoro wrote:
      I'd need a spreadsheet, just to keep track of what I took!

Greg

Yeah, I have a med-list that i have to carry with me everywhere. The Doctors are constantly changing the dosing up-and-down. So, as they make a change, they immediately write on the list the new dosages. It's exactly like a spreadsheet! They use a certain kind of "medical shorthand" and date everything! My Mom is my caregiver and an RN (Registered Nurse). So, she knows all the little symbols and helps me keep track of everything! I had to learn it myself and it wasn't too hard!

That's all for now!
      Your pal,
      Wage
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
      A quote attributed to my Grandpa Wagers
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 5 months ago
    • was at the hospital 12hrs yesterday My blood-counts fell and I needed 2-units of blood! The doctor said it could be from:
      1. an interaction of all the drugs I'm taking.
      2. A strange (uncommon) viral infection.
      3. The transplant simply isn't working
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
  • Re: Update on Wage

• Hi Wage,
      I am praying that it's either 1 or 2 on your list. Hang on in there
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• ****GOOD NEWS*****

Everything is going well for me! My blood counts are stabilizing and ALL are within normal ranges now! FINALLY!

I am being discharged Tuesday and I will be home in-time for Thanksgiving!!!
      I've been here since July 31st and my-oh-my how the weather has changed! The day I arrived in Nashville it was 113˚F. Now it is in the 40's during the day and below freezing each night!

When I get home, I'll post a link to the video I captured of the transplant being given to me. It's pretty neat!

Wage
    • Vybz
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I don't really know you and this is the first i am seeing this thread. I am relatively new here but this is great news!!
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Welcome to the BEST template club on the Planet!
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I MADE IT HOME!!!!
      I was discharged from VA/Vanderbilt Monday at about 2pm and we made it home at about 10:30pm.
      I have to fly back once a month for about 6months for follow-ups. Then I have to go back every 6 months for awhile and finally Once a year! All these follow-ups take place over a 10 year period. The last thing the Dr's told me was: "just because you're going home doesn't mean the transplant process is over!"
      So, I'm standing on "2nd base" but I still have to make it to "home plate!"

Thanks for all the support during these long months! It has meant a lot to me!

Your Pal,
      Wage
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Great news Wage!
      Gather round the family and enjoy some football games.
      Send me your snail mail addy and I'll send you a pack of MooseHead (Canadian beer - the GOOD stuff) :mrgreen:
  • Re: Update on Wage

• Wage, I've just caught up on your entries for the last 4 months and wow mate, what I journey.

We can fix the UV thing. Come to England mate. We're lucky to get the sun at all :wink:

I'm so glad things are looking up and from my experience with my wifes cancer, there's always another peak to get over when you make it to the next but it levels out over time.

From an Australian in the UK who knows what it's like to miss the sun, Power on mate, we're all right behind you.
    • www.jointplan.co.uk - Small Business Website Design

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds