Update on Wage

• David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Update on Wage

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • Hi Wage,

Just remember...
      Successful people are the ones who use the bricks that life has thrown at them to build a foundation for their future!"
      Look forward to reading more in the future - Bubbleman 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Full-Time Cancer Fighter!

• I am sitting in my transplant room. I had my central-line inserted today. I will be starting the chemo tomorrow. It will be about 8 days of chemo before I get my sister's cells. That is when the dangerous part starts! Thanks for the well-wishes and encouragement!
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
      A quote attributed to my Grandpa Wagers
    • Adamck
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Web Developer, IT Assistant, Graphics design, App Developer

• Good luck dude, you know all our prayers are going out to you!
    • Kiss my RSS
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 8 months ago
    • hi all, well I am pretty-much "bottomed-out" now. I will have one day of rest tomorrow. I will receive my sister's cell on the 19th. Then, the hard-part begins. I have been taking some anti-rejection drugs prepping me for the actual cell transplantation. I can feel my becoming very weak and I am experiencing a lot of achy muscles and bones.
      Well, that's all for now. More updates to follow soon.
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Hang in there Wage!!
    • Thanks,
      jim
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Wage,

Just think of yourself as a fine vintage custom car. When restored they look absolutely great but during that journey there are times when it looks ready for the scrap yard.

So once your scrap yard phase is through we will all look forward to seeing the new improved Wage back here :cheesy:

Just remember YES = You're Extra Special 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • jpl1.618
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• You're doing great Wage..stay positive and you'll be through it in no time!

You've been in my thoughts/prayers and will continue to be for the hard part. I look forward to hearing from the new you very soon!
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

• ..and remember what I keep saying: keep your eye on the prize!

After they bring you down to no white cells, they will give you that $5K shot (the name escapes me) that makes them come back in the hundred thousands a day, right?

My father said that's when the you pick back up and feel like a million bucks...comparatively speaking! He was walking up the down the halls doing laps all day ready to come home about a week after they injected the stem cells.

Stay strong, man. You'll be back home blogging in no time!
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• The Doctors actually let me go and watch the cells being harvested from my sister tody. After her session, they measured the number collected and it was determined that they more than enough. They will use the amount they need and the rest will be stored at Vanderbilt for upto 10 years. Tomorrow, the roles will be reversed. Julie will come and watch her cells being given to me. As one could imagine, this is an emotional part of the life-giving- act that she is doing.
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds