Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Update on Wage

• WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Update on Wage

Posted 12 years 2 months ago
    • More protein is a good prescription to get. Personally, I like turkey, but not the processed kind that comes in most cold cuts. I'll roast a large turkey on a Saturday and freeze most of it for later meals. I can't eat it every day, but love turkey in my black beans, turkey sandwiches, and turkey with brown rice the best. Lots of dark green leafy veggies keep things interesting.

That liver situation is tough. It needs a break from the meds, but you need the meds to stay alive. Plenty of water and fresh vegetables should help that organ to cope with its burden.

Greg
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Robert D. Wagers wrote:
      Thanks! I have just been told that I have to completely change my diet. The Dietician said I need to eat more protein. Low protein is what is causing the ascites to build up.

Some type of protein supplement? E.g., 'Ensure', or some other type of supplement like bodybuilders use which have high protein, available at sporting goods stores or health food stores?

I know the fluid is no fun...

My mom goes 1x a week to have her abdomen drained, and recently developed fluid in her lungs, which also has to be drained 1x a week .

When she started they drained her abdomen 1x a month, then 2x a month, then weekly.

They said if she was younger, they would put in a stent ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stent ) and she could do the procedure at home.

Anyway, they put a stent into her pleural cavity (not her abdomen) a few weeks ago so she could drain the water from her lungs at home.

Might be an option for you...
    • Thanks,
      jim
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Full-Time Cancer Fighter!

• I was told to drink 5 ensures every day to get enough protein.
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
      A quote attributed to my Grandpa Wagers
    • WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • It's been about a month since your last post, so how are things going with Mr. Wagers? Tired of all of those Ensures, yet? :)

Greg
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • I have to return to Bashville This Sunday for a checkup with the transplant Doctors. I hope they do not find any "major problems."
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
    • WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 11 years 11 months ago
    • How is Mr. Wagers doing, these days?

Greg
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• During my last trip to Nashville, the DR's told me I have Cirrhosis of the Liver. Too many years of chemo, blood transfusions and other meds. If the cancer doesn't get you, the treatments will!

So, I am trying to adjust to all the changes they made in my daily prescriptions.

Wage
    • WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Yeah, a friend of mine had to deal with the effects of long-term chemo treatments and she told me about the risks. As you are doing, she just dealt with what comes, as it happens. Best wishes for better times.

Greg
    • jpl1.618
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hey Wage,

The liver is the one organ that can be completely regenerated. I'm overcoming a toxicity health issue myself and the following is what I do to help it along.

-The best thing you can do aside from cutting back on meds is eat as many whole organic fruits, vegetables and gluten free whole grains whenever you get hungry. Then stay away from food that comes in packages and boxes that are processed. This ensures you get plenty of fiber to help move toxins out while avoiding additives in processed food. To quench your appetite away from processed foods, add sea salt to your food. After eating this way for 4-6 weeks your taste buds will change to where instead of craving junk food you start craving unprocessed whole foods.

-For fats/proteins, eat avocados(they don't need to be organic) which are a great source of clean calories with good fiber. Organic nuts, seeds, meats and eggs are great too. If you can only afford one organic food item make sure it is meats because toxins accumulate as you go up the food chain. Farmers market meats are your best bet.

-Stay away from dairy (organic butter is OK) because too much calcium can stop up your elimination pathways. As long as you get some Vitamin D, you'll absorb plenty of calcium from vegetables.

-Take a probiotic supplement and a magnesium (at least 600-800mg/day) supplement. I respond well to magnesium malate. These will help get your bowels moving regularly. Unless your bowels are cleared out, your body cannot effectively detoxify your liver if your backed up so it's imperative to get those moving.

-Try to exercise with the goal of sweating to move toxins out of your lymphatic system.

-google "restore heal liver after chemo natural" and you'll probably find some more helpful info.

John
    • Terp
    • Elite Rocketeer

• jpl1.618 wrote:
      Hey Wage,

The liver is the one organ that can be completely regenerated. I'm overcoming a toxicity health issue myself and the following is what I do to help it along....

Great advice, sir. I 100% agree with each and every item you mentioned and would just add one important thing to add - fresh squeezed lemon juice!

It's magic in the liver. The first thing I do in the morning prior to drinking a pot of coffee (I know, I know :oops: ) is squeeze a lemon in my 1/2 litter of water and drink it.

This facilitates MASSIVE enzyme production and some other scientific whathaveyous that are beyond my level of understanding; put simply, it's one of the best things for your liver. ;)

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds