Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED XML file did not load

• Re: SOLVED XML file did not load

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Clear Cache AND Purge Expired Cache worked for me!
      Thankyou.

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Hello from Spain !
      Clear Cache AND Purge Expired Cache worked for me!
      Thank you to all of you.

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • If you still have problems (like me) after clearing the cache try clearing the cache folder (except for index.html) under /www/cache and under /www/administrator/cache. The admin area cache was the problem for me.
    • The following users have thanked you: Francis M, Sergio Di Mare

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • I hardly ever send feedback to posts but I felt strongly about sharing my mistake.

I had transferred the site to the client’s domain and after some amendments from the client I had to add a menu item and I needed to go into the template manager to assign the style to the new menu item. All of a sudden this error appears … I did some research on Google and Rocket Theme and cleared cache in the various directories mentioned above and still nothing was resolved.

I started thinking about the database and the file paths and I looked into the configuration file and for some odd reason I did not change the config file to the new servers details so the new server was fetching info from the copy of the old sites database on my server.

Once I updated the file paths and pointed everything properly I went to check the template manager, again the error appeared, but once I went to clear the cache did everything work perfectly.

Rookie move on my part, but I am sure many people will do the same mistake, I am hoping that this post might help someone in the future…

What a ball ache it was for me to solve!
    • Regards

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Dimitris Meimaris wrote:
      If you still have problems (like me) after clearing the cache try clearing the cache folder (except for index.html) under /www/cache and under /www/administrator/cache. The admin area cache was the problem for me.

resolve clearing /www/administrator/cache
    • IPComms

Re: SOLVED XML file did not load

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • Just moved from an older godaddy server to a newer one (that has cpanel) and Clearing the cache didn't work for me, but this process did. Thanks.

----original---
      Just a quick note. I have in the past two days had this same problem also due to moving db and site. A very simple fix that worked on both of my website is to go backend to Extentions / Extention Manager choose tab Discover and tick on Gantry in the list then click install. Also click on Discover on the top right refresh button. That's it it all works again.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by IPComms.
  • Re: XML file did not load

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Per Matt's instructions, I did a Clear Cache. I then also did a Purge Expired, and also Global Check in. Finally, I deleted files that were in the /public_html/cache folder and I am now able to access Template settings again.
      Thank you, thank you!

Also, no thanks to the user that just kept saying 'Use Akeeba backup'. Great. We get it. I like Akeeba backup. But -- it had NOTHING to do with this issue, so, no thanks.
  • Re: XML file did not load

• This was thoroughly bad advice. You're honestly telling this person to completely backup and restore their whole site to a new location?
      Purging the cache took all of about 1 minute and solved the issue. It looks to me like your frequent posts are just a way for you to promote your Joomla services.

• Clearing the cache did not work for me. I followed Stephen's instruction on discovering the extension through the extension manager and it worked for me.

• Clearing the cache didn't work for me, but this did...!! Thanks...!!!

Stephen Cassidy wrote:
      Just a quick note. I have in the past two days had this same problem also due to moving db and site. A very simple fix that worked on both of my website is to go backend to Extentions / Extention Manager choose tab Discover and tick on Gantry in the list then click install. Also click on Discover on the top right refresh button. That's it it all works again.

Stephen

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds