0 items Join Now

The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/param​s.ini is un

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/param​s.ini is un

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • John Marikos wrote:
      Kat,
      Thank you. This tutorial helped me place the login position to login. The login form works! The directions I followed before misled me.

I just figured out how to fix my top menu problem, though I have had to apply and save changes to Gantry several times for each page I worked on before they were actually saved.

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know how to remove the compression. It isn't enabled in my server global configuration.

Now if I can just get rid of the warnings on my Sitemap page and the notice under the upper center "CommunityClubhouses.com" area. This began when I installed firebug, but it remains after I deactivated it. The error statement in it was saying "redeclaration of var console."
      Thanks, again, I was almost ready to quit.
      hi there,

you can find more info about caching and compression here:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=15..._v=viewtopic#p566242

"redeclaration of var console" is an error that firebug shows when the firebug console has been loaded from more than 1 browser tab. it's not related to the sites themselves, so nothing to worry about.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• A. Wayne Webb wrote:
      Turn off Rocket Theme's Log In module!!!

As I stated the problem does not lie in Joomla's controller.php file, it lies in some obscure bit of code within Rocket Theme's Gantry System. Rocket Theme's Log In Panel is to be found in the Template Manager under the Features panel. Turn the log in panel off!

Instead use the log in of Joomla to be found in the Module Manager and change the default position of left to one of Hybrid's template modules.
      how about you send me your link and super admin details to take a look at your popup login module problem?

• Re: The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/param​s.ini is un

• Kat05 wrote:
      A. Wayne Webb wrote:
      Turn off Rocket Theme's Log In module!!!

As I stated the problem does not lie in Joomla's controller.php file, it lies in some obscure bit of code within Rocket Theme's Gantry System. Rocket Theme's Log In Panel is to be found in the Template Manager under the Features panel. Turn the log in panel off!

Instead use the log in of Joomla to be found in the Module Manager and change the default position of left to one of Hybrid's template modules.
      how about you send me your link and super admin details to take a look at your popup login module problem?

Kat,
      I've been trying all day to send you a PM via the User Control Panel. I hit the Submit button and the PM ends up in my Outbox to be sent. I've beat my head silly trying to do this. Can you send me a PM with an e-mail address? If so I will then send you a return e-mail with the site address, user name and password. I've already set up the account with a spare e-mail address of mine.

Wayne :oops:
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Think of the Outbox as "Sent (unread)" instead.

When she reads it you will see "Outbox (0)" 8)
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG

• Ah hah, thanks prim. I'll wait to hear back from Kat05. :oops:
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• A. Wayne Webb wrote:
      JEM wrote:
      :arrowu: So you are all set now?
      Except for really, really wanting to use the Log In of Gantry. It has better features, especially the pop-up window. A workaround, less featured subset will have to work most likely. I will just have to remember that if I use any other Rocket Theme templates using Gantry that I not use the Log In module.

Gantry is a beautiful concept still awaiting the coming of age part and I suspect that the problem lies in the coding that Gantry uses to enact its Log In module. Firebug points out the offending code.

You can take a look here . I'm posting a query over on the Hybrid template forum about the menu display problem. I suspect that problem lies with Gantry as well.

Thanks JEM.
      hi again,

thank you for your message and the details.
      as suspected you didnt configure the login correctly.
      there was no mod_login assigned to the popup position and assigned to all pages.
      i have done that, then disabled gantry cache in the template parameters, disabled rokgzipper plugin, then cleared your joomla cache and now the login popup works as supposed to.

• JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Once again, Kat05 to the rescue....
    • Thanks,
      jim

• If there was a way via the computer or keyboard to kowtow, I would do it!

Is there a way to get the "Remember Me" of the RT Log In to work? And it is odd that the default Joomla and the K2 Log Ins worked out of the box but the RT Log In would not. Could it be that RoKGZipper had problems interacting with Joomla's 1.5 GZipper? I refer to the one located in Global Configuration | Server.

Not being a programmer by profession, I am a historian and digital archivist, I am always amazed that someone can figure this stuff out. And that comes from someone who has built every computer from scratch he has owned for 20 years. Why have a Sidebar B and Sidebar C when their use restricts the main content to a minor role? :evil:

All-in-all, I plan on renewing my subscription come the end of the year. If for no other reason than the personable moderators. My renewel would be assured if a theme was designed that takes advantage of a higher resolution, larger sized monitor. Restriction to a 1024 pixel width screen is soooo limiting. Especially when RT's themes have so many module positions avilable to design around.
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

glad we could help. :)
      A. Wayne Webb wrote:
      If there was a way via the computer or keyboard to kowtow, I would do it!
      Is there a way to get the "Remember Me" of the RT Log In to work? And it is odd that the default Joomla and the K2 Log Ins worked out of the box but the RT Log In would not. Could it be that RoKGZipper had problems interacting with Joomla's 1.5 GZipper? I refer to the one located in Global Configuration | Server.
      well the default joomla login and the normal k2 login are not using a cool popup, so if you want a cool popup then you need to configure it correctly. we did point out the tutorial before, i now saw it was the tutorial for hybrid (the template john and you mentioned in your posts), which is slightly different to kinetic which you are using on the site i logged in to.

i told both you and john before to disable ALL compression and caching and we also pointed to andy's post about caching and compression, there are many different options, but not all of them should be used together to avoid issues.

regarding rokgzipper, it is clearly stated on the extensions page that it is still experimental and should NOT be enabled while the site is still in development.
      Why have a Sidebar B and Sidebar C when their use restricts the main content to a minor role? :evil:
      why not? many members are happy to have an option for more than one sidebar. :)

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds