Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/param​s.ini is un

• Re: The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/param​s.ini is un

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • Guten Morgen Kat,

I turned off GZip Page Compression in Global Configuration | Server and set Hybrid as the default template.

Interesting! I also noticed that my menus to the upper left are not displaying as they should. It should be Home | Ministers | Congregations | Bibliography. Not down pointing green arrows. Even then it has two on a line, Home and Ministers.
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/param​s.ini is un

• hi again,

did you check the tutorial that i linked to in a previous post here on how to correctly set up the login popup?

about the menu, i do not see one on the upper left? only in the sidebar on the right.

where do you want your menu?

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• I did that the other day. Like I said: It works with Milkyway, but not Hybrid. I supplied the code errors as provided by Firebug and the file(s) in which the errors were reported. The Login popup appears with a spinning wheel and nothing else.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

My apologies on stating "upper left." I am so accustomed to it being to the left. For Hybrid it should have been the upper right.

My apologies for not uploading the images to yoru site — I did not see where I could do that. If you would like you can upload them so that they are available for others who might use this thread.
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi again,

if you like send me your super admin details to check the configuration again, i am sure it's just missing something minor somewhere.

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• Kat,
      Thank you. This tutorial helped me place the login position to login. The login form works! The directions I followed before misled me.

I just figured out how to fix my top menu problem, though I have had to apply and save changes to Gantry several times for each page I worked on before they were actually saved.

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know how to remove the compression. It isn't enabled in my server global configuration.

Now if I can just get rid of the warnings on my Sitemap page and the notice under the upper center "CommunityClubhouses.com" area. This began when I installed firebug, but it remains after I deactivated it. The error statement in it was saying "redeclaration of var console."
      Thanks, again, I was almost ready to quit.

• Kat05 and JEM, et al,

I solved the problem on my own and I am not even a computer "smarty." I had a problem with a different testing website. The person who sold me the plug-in suggested a solution to get it up and running and I suspect this solution will work on others.

For those users having a similar problem the solution is very simple and lies with your hosting company. When Rocket Theme installs a template it overwrites the controller.php file that Kat05 referred to below. I make this statement because the site works fine with a default Joomla 1.5 template plus one or two I have purchased from others.
      Kat05 wrote:
      find below codes:

// Try to make the params file unwriteable
      if (!$ftp['enabled'] && JPath::isOwner($file) && !JPath::setPermissions($file, '0555')) {

and change to:

// Try to make the params file unwriteable
      if (!$ftp['enabled'] && JPath::isOwner($file) && !JPath::setPermissions($file, '0755')) {

kat :)

My opening the controller.php and making Kat05's changes had no affect. I could still not log in to my site. BUT, if I log into my hosting company's backend and navigate to the controller.php file and change the permissions from there the site log in feature works just fine.

A recommendation would be to set the permissions to 777 to begin with and degrade it from there. For my hosting company (1and1.com) setting it to 755 worked okay.
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb

• I stand corrected!!! All that the above fix did was to allow my Internet Explorer 7.0 to automatically log in. If I go to log out I get the same spinning wheel. Testing in Firefox with Firebug still shows the same results and errors.

And a word of caution. Controller.php as referenced by Kat has two instances of the string of code she displayed. They come one right after the other. One has 755 and the other 555. Changing them both to 755 or 777 makes no difference.

Am I going to have this problem with any other Rocket Theme templates? If so then I just blew some of my money. Yes, I am getting frustrated after spending hours and hours working on trying to get it fixed.
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb

• Turn off Rocket Theme's Log In module!!!

As I stated the problem does not lie in Joomla's controller.php file, it lies in some obscure bit of code within Rocket Theme's Gantry System. Rocket Theme's Log In Panel is to be found in the Template Manager under the Features panel. Turn the log in panel off!

Instead use the log in of Joomla to be found in the Module Manager and change the default position of left to one of Hybrid's template modules.
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• :arrowu: So you are all set now?
    • Thanks,
      jim

• JEM wrote:
      :arrowu: So you are all set now?
      Except for really, really wanting to use the Log In of Gantry. It has better features, especially the pop-up window. A workaround, less featured subset will have to work most likely. I will just have to remember that if I use any other Rocket Theme templates using Gantry that I not use the Log In module.

Gantry is a beautiful concept still awaiting the coming of age part and I suspect that the problem lies in the coding that Gantry uses to enact its Log In module. Firebug points out the offending code.

You can take a look here . I'm posting a query over on the Hybrid template forum about the menu display problem. I suspect that problem lies with Gantry as well.

Thanks JEM.
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds