Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/param​s.ini is un

• The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/param​s.ini is un

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • Under Hybrid Joomla template parameters I have the following message:
      The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/params.ini is unwritable!

I became concerned about this message when my top menus for the following pages of my site seemed to change on their own from what I wanted:

I’m also having difficulty getting the login form to do anything, other than try to load unsuccessfully. I have followed the directions that popup next to the login on/off button on the Hybrid Template edit area.

I eventually went to the Gantry troubleshooting page:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=33...16235&rb_v=viewtopic

I went through all of the steps to downloading firebug and web developer

On every page on the front end this message is now showing:

Notice: Undefined index: show_title in /home/informaj/public_html/modules/mod_articleintro/helper.php on line 10

On Sitemap page between sitemap and calendar page listings this message appears:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/informaj/public_html/administrator/components/com_xmap/extensions/com_jcalpro.php on line 68

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/informaj/public_html/administrator/components/com_xmap/extensions/com_jcalpro.php on line 92

I accessed the error console. I found a whole lot of warnings and three errors. The errors are:

Can you please help me? I would like for all of this to work so I can actually put content in and use it. Thank you.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/param​s.ini is un

• I see no errors.

Start by disabling your SEF component or try using the Joomla core SEF.

Also, if you applied the template to an existing install, did you install the extensions as well?
    • Thanks,
      jim
  • Re: The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/param​s.ini is un

• I am having the same problem with no log in availability. The site worked just fine using the Joomla Milkyway template and the three adminsitrators were able to log in. I am the only person performing system functions with the other two and I entering data. There are no regular users.

After installing all of the RoK extensions and the Gantry system and Hybrid template (bundle) the log in goes to lunch in Safari, Firefox and IE7. The pop-up log in window just sits there with the spinning wheel.

Making the Milkyway template the default once more resolves the issue. With the front and backend active I changed the template to Hybrid once again. With Firebug active I tried to log out.

The resultant line is #601 in domain.com/cache/js-2f199dffd4854a378069a341382a40ff.php. This line is a MooTool variable. Turning off the System-MooTools Upgrade plugin and refreshing the front end has no effect; I still cannot log out.

The log in problem seems to lie in domain.com/cache/js-98a4c530eaf2cd5ab4bdb2c4eef5a525.php on line #103. The commented out phrases prior to this indicate that the code is part of the RokBox System Plugin.

Turning off the System - SEF plugin had no effect. I turned it back on. Turning on System - Cache had no effect either.

The problem definitively lies with the Rocket Theme package. As I said, if I revert to Joomla's Milkyway the problem disappears. I suspect that even if I installed another club template I would have the same problem.

I desparately need to get this resolved so that I can move on with inputting another 3,000 or so data records / articles.
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb

• Disabling SEF, switching between core SEF and AceSEF made no difference. RokAjax Search, RokFeatureTable, RockMicroNews, RokNavMenu, RokNewsflash, RokNewsPager, RokStories, RokTwittie, RokWeather are and have been installed. In the beginning, I had problems uploading the following when everything else did fine and gave up trying:
      rt_hybrid_j15-sources-bg.zip
      rt_hybrid_j15-sources.zip
      rt_hybrid_j15-tutorials.zip
      If they are the problem, please give me advice on how to upload them. Please keep in mind I'm still very new--so step by step is most helpful. Thank you.
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• John Marikos wrote:
      Disabling SEF, switching between core SEF and AceSEF made no difference. RokAjax Search, RokFeatureTable, RockMicroNews, RokNavMenu, RokNewsflash, RokNewsPager, RokStories, RokTwittie, RokWeather are and have been installed. In the beginning, I had problems uploading the following when everything else did fine and gave up trying:
      rt_hybrid_j15-sources-bg.zip
      rt_hybrid_j15-sources.zip
      rt_hybrid_j15-tutorials.zip
      If they are the problem, please give me advice on how to upload them. Please keep in mind I'm still very new--so step by step is most helpful. Thank you.

Can we have a link to your current site in this thread?

The files you mentioned are not to be uploaded, they are for reference or for editing the source files and customizing the theme beyond what is offered in the presets, 99% of members do not need / use them.
      A. Wayne Webb wrote:
      I am having the same problem with no log in availability. The site worked just fine using the Joomla Milkyway template and the three adminsitrators were able to log in. I am the only person performing system functions with the other two and I entering data. There are no regular users.

After installing all of the RoK extensions and the Gantry system and Hybrid template (bundle) the log in goes to lunch in Safari, Firefox and IE7. The pop-up log in window just sits there with the spinning wheel.

Making the Milkyway template the default once more resolves the issue. With the front and backend active I changed the template to Hybrid once again. With Firebug active I tried to log out.

The resultant line is #601 in domain.com/cache/js-2f199dffd4854a378069a341382a40ff.php. This line is a MooTool variable. Turning off the System-MooTools Upgrade plugin and refreshing the front end has no effect; I still cannot log out.

The log in problem seems to lie in domain.com/cache/js-98a4c530eaf2cd5ab4bdb2c4eef5a525.php on line #103. The commented out phrases prior to this indicate that the code is part of the RokBox System Plugin.

Turning off the System - SEF plugin had no effect. I turned it back on. Turning on System - Cache had no effect either.

The problem definitively lies with the Rocket Theme package. As I said, if I revert to Joomla's Milkyway the problem disappears. I suspect that even if I installed another club template I would have the same problem.

I desparately need to get this resolved so that I can move on with inputting another 3,000 or so data records / articles.

I suggest starting your own thread as your issues are really not related to this topic.

In your new post, please provide us with your php version, memory limit, and the host you are using, and how the template was installed (E.g. applied to an existing template or with a Rocket Launcher).

Along with any other details as mentioned in Top Tips for Support. (details in my sig)
    • Thanks,
      jim

• CommunityClubhouses.com And Wayne is having one of the same issues as I am having. The login form not working.
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

for the login popup, check the tutorial:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=42...14435&rb_v=viewtopic

john, you should also disable all sorts of compression on your site, or else we are not able to check the original source code.

about the message: The parameter file /templates/rt_hybrid_j15/params.ini is unwritable!

this is a known joomla bug which seems to appear on certain servers only.

very often the changes actually do get saved, even if the params.ini says it is unwritable.
      worth to give this a try.

if it does not work, you may try to enable your ftp layer in the joomla global configuration.

if this doesn't help as well, then you can try to add some changes to ../administrator/components/com_templates/controller.php

find below codes:
      // Try to make the params file unwriteable
      if (!$ftp['enabled'] && JPath::isOwner($file) && !JPath::setPermissions($file, '0555')) {
      and change to:
      // Try to make the params file unwriteable
      if (!$ftp['enabled'] && JPath::isOwner($file) && !JPath::setPermissions($file, '0755')) {
      kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• John Marikos wrote:
      CommunityClubhouses.com And Wayne is having one of the same issues as I am having. The login form not working.

JEM,

The other gent popped in with a differing topic / problem so I'm not quite sure if you were asking for a link to my site or not. In any case thanks for the reply.

You can find my site using the Milkyway template in place here . The login works. After you have satisfied yourself I'm not Whistling Dixie, let me know and I will switch it. I believe I described in detail the troubleshooting steps I followed which seems to point to the problematic code.

Or if you like we could start a private conversation and I could set you up temporarily with Administrator status on the site. At least that way you could see the underlying code.
    • Cordially,
      A. Wayne Webb
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi wayne,

could you disable all compression and caching on your site and switch your template?

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds