Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Particle Joomla article OK for Joomla 5 ?

• Particle Joomla article OK for Joomla 5 ?

Posted 4 months 1 week ago
    • Hi

I test Gantry 5 (5.5.17), template Hydrogen in Joomla 5.01 (php 6.1) and I have this error in core particle Joomla article when i want to go to a next or a previous article (Click on the button)

Joomla\CMS\Event\Module\RenderModuleEvent::onSetSubject(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type object, null given, called in /home/etlbertrand/biomecanique.en-toutes-lettres.fr/libraries/src/Event/AbstractEvent.php on line 225

Few topic on the web with same message
      github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/42339

For me unique issue in Joomla 5 I have seen.

thanks

Bertrand
    • Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Bertrand Pascal .
    • www.en-toutes-lettres.fr
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Particle Joomla article OK for Joomla 5 ?

• To Clarify, this is when using the Joomla Articles particle? If so, that's a core Gantry particle to which the best place to report that would be here: github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Particle Joomla article OK for Joomla 5 ?

Posted 3 months 2 weeks ago
    • Hi

No news from github after more than two weeks
      Just to know, nobody else have this issue ?
      test it also with helium and same error !

for me it is critical to migrate to joomla 5 but remaining more than 1 year to find the trick and stay in joomla 4.4.x
      Some of RT paid particles used also similar joomla article button links. (i don't test them in joomla 5 to seee if we have similar issue)
      i know that gantry 5.5.17 manage only Basic support for Joomla 5 (changelog) so hope one the next version will be ok, joomla 5/php 8.2 compatible (i'm optimist whatever i can read, i love gantry 5).

take care
      Bertrand
    • dwm-pl
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 3 months 6 days ago
    • I have the same error when using this particle. Clicking the back and forward buttons displays an error. Maybe someone has a solution?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 3 months 4 days ago
    • If one of you have a test environment where this happening that I can turn up error reporting on and run some tests I'll see if I can figure it out... post details in the secure tab of a full reply
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Posted 3 months 4 days ago
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 3 months 3 days ago
    • I need the full stack trace for the error... can you toggle Gantry Platform Settings to Development and full errors (there's some toggle I believe between simple errors and the full "Whoops!" handler errors)
    • Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by Matt.

• Hi Mat

unfortunatly It is all I can do. It is one of the issue

Gantry Platform Settings to Development was already set
      I set Compile yalm and twig to No

Joomla Debug is on
      Joomla Cache is Off
      Joomla Error Reporting Maximum

if you need something else, let me know

No site crash, only this error
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Hrrm, sorry, I'm not much of a Joomla developer these days... J! 3.6+ always provided full stack traces when error reporting was set to max.... maybe it's different in J4

Is there a System Messages particle on that Outline? I'd recommend leaving compilation of YAML and TWIG on...

If you can post Joomla admin details and FTP details in the secure tab of a full reply I'll try and get the source of the error

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds