Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Particle Joomla article OK for Joomla 5 ?

• Re: Particle Joomla article OK for Joomla 5 ?

Posted 3 months 3 days ago
    • Hi Matt

You have not seen this error on your side ?

Is there a System Messages particle on that Outline? Yes (default hydrogen seting)
      I'd recommend leaving compilation of YAML and TWIG on... Reset to ON

J! 3.6+ always provided full stack traces when error reporting was set to max.... maybe it's different in J4

First I'm in Joomla 5.0.2, particule "Joomla article" is OK in Joomla 4.
      My feeling is that this error was not reported ... out of the message on the page (But ll is OK on blog button to go to next article)

Joomla admin details and FTP details in the secure tab: Done

thanks for your support

Bertrand
    • www.en-toutes-lettres.fr
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Particle Joomla article OK for Joomla 5 ?

Posted 3 months 2 days ago
    • Joomla admin creds not working
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I tried a number of things via FTP access to get the full stack trace to show... no luck... if I can't determine the source file for the error I have no idea where to start... basically it wants an Object to be passed instead of an Array... just need to find where the source variable is being passed in and convert it to an Object first.

Can you see if this core J5 plugin is enabled? I was reading elsewhere that this may resolve this error:

manual.joomla.org/migrations/44-50/compat-plugin/
    • Last Edit: 3 months 2 days ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Also, it seems that Joomla may rely on the Xdebug PHP module being installed to render the Path Trace potentially?

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=1006030#p3709683

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Did you check if that core Joomla plugin for backward compatibility was installed and enabled? That's suppposed to be the default behavior upon upgrading, but that should be verified.

I'm not sure why Joomla isn't pushing through the full stack trace....near as I can tell the Article's Particle is just outputing the AJAX response from a JS Joomla Article Query... the first query is obviously successul on page load, the 2nd query is identical it's just specifying a "start" value from the last collection (of 2) articles requested... when it ouputs the error it is definitely the full, unfiltered, response from Joomla

From other stuff I read on this it sounds like this is just a response from the a Event Handler as well... so maybe joomla is passing the full stack trace to this Event handler and this is just the error from the handler itself failing... just talking out loud here :silly:
    • Last Edit: 3 months 2 days ago by Matt.

• dwm-pl
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 2 months 3 weeks ago
    • I noticed a certain relationship. If the particle is added directly in the template structure, the error does not occur. Appears when a module is loaded for a given position.

Posted 2 months 3 weeks ago

Posted 2 months 5 days ago
    • Hi all,

So I update my test site to Joomla 5.0.3 - same fatal error

www.hydrogen.en-toutes-lettres.fr/
      Click on test menu tab

But we can now found a first gantry error in
      /sitetest/hydrogen/libraries/gantry5/compat/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php line 497

eval('?>'.$content);

Try to remove complete "If block", another error
      if (!class_exists($mainCls, false)) {
                          /* Last line of defense if either $this->bcWriteCacheFile was used,
                           * $this->cache is implemented as a no-op or we have a race condition
                           * where the cache was cleared between the above calls to write to and load from
                           * the cache.
                           */
                          eval('?>'.$content);
                      }

If somebody can have a look ?

thanks

Bertrand
    • www.en-toutes-lettres.fr

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds