Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Particle Joomla article OK for Joomla 5 ?

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Particle Joomla article OK for Joomla 5 ?

Posted 2 months 1 day ago
    • nice... can you try and rewrite that line like:
          (int)eval('?>'.$content);

if that doesn't work try
          eval('?>'.(int)$content);
    • Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Also... are you loading the Particle via a Joomla Module injection or directly on an Outline?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Particle Joomla article OK for Joomla 5 ?

• Hi Matt. I'll continue on this thread as I seem to be seeing the same issue.

I just checked and the "Behaviour - Backward Compatibility" is enabled in my Joomla 5.0.3/ PHP 8.2, with error reporting set to Maximum, and Debug on.

>> are you loading the Particle via a Joomla Module injection or directly on an Outline?

I see the error message when I load my "News" Category via Joomla as a Gantry 5 "Joomla Articles" Content Array Module in the RT_CLARITY template. This is the error when I click the "Next" Pagination button:

Joomla\CMS\Event\Module\RenderModuleEvent::onSetSubject(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type object, null given, called in /var/www/html/dev.nmjpec.org/public_html/libraries/src/Event/AbstractEvent.php on line 225

I see no Stack Trace, and do not see a Debug position in the RT_Clarity Template.

If I load the "Joomla Articles" Particle directly into a slot in the Clarity template, Pagination works as expected.
    • Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Harlow Pinson.

• Hi Matt

In that case to see the php error I have load the particle directly in the layout (outline).

Previous test was as module in injection. In that case, I had the error but the "Crikey twig error page" did not open.

To see the error file, i have also set in gantry admin, Compile Twig to No.

i have tested your code

another error with
      (int)eval('?>'.$content);

Unsupported operand types: int - string

with
      eval('?>'.(int)$content);

We jump line below, Runtime error
      the complete site front crash, even in gantry back-end (other part of joomla admin is OK)

as it is today
      www.hydrogen.en-toutes-lettres.fr/

Failed to load Twig template "error.html.twig", index "": cache might be corrupted in "error.html.twig".

Not nice

take care

Bertrand
    • www.en-toutes-lettres.fr
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Thank you for trying... can you revert back to how it was so I can see the original stack trace again please? Somewhere upstream we need to convert it to (int) --- I think

Ah... go ahead and revert back... the new error is CAUSEd by you turning TWIG compilation off... it's still not giving us the actual Stacktrace for the original error... I will still try and debug that further.

@harlow - if you're able to get a stacktrace of the error from your webhost that could help us take the next step here.
    • Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Matt.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• @Harlow

looks like Bertrand is encoutering the error even when he renders the Particle directly on the Outline... which is interesting... curious what the difference in installs is

• My install is:

Joomla 5.0.3
      PHP 8.2
      Template: RT_Clarity 1.5.0
      Gantry: 5.5.17

Posted 1 month 4 weeks ago
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 1 month 4 weeks ago
    • Harlow Pinson wrote:
      That looks unrelated to me, issue with the Ajax calls that was patched/released. Here, Ajax is working just fine... in that it's returning the underlying PHP error which is then printed to the screen via Ajax/JS... we need the stack trace for that PHP error to determine what exactly is erroring... a savvy webhost should be able to turn on PHP error logging with stack tracing for all errors, generate the error, get the stack trace... for me at least, that's the next step.

Ultimately, this is a Gantry issue which is being tracked here: github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/3218
    • Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Matt.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds