0 items Join Now

Update on Wage

• David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Update on Wage

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • Hey Wage,

You have another thing in your favour - We're all rooting for you mate! Not many people with that much support 8)

Our prayers are just a backup plan to your determination. Looking forward to a fit Wage after the event.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Full-Time Cancer Fighter!

• I just got off the phone with the transplant Coordinator/Social Worker. I had a few last-minute questions about what to expect. I guess once, I leave Sunday, I will be in Nashville 3 to 4 months (if everything goes well). So, I am going to start packing my bags today. Packing for 4 months is going to be a challenge. I don't know if one can plan for everything that might "come-up!" I will be bringing TONS of drawing supplies and my Son's Laptop. Hopefully that will be enough to keep my mind occupied. I am NOT the biggest TV watcher and I always have to "stay busy." The one thing I am happy about is Football season is starting soon and I will be looking forward to each and every weekend!

@David- you are very correct about having the benefit of all you RT members "rooting" for me! I am a very blessed and lucky Man!

Wage
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
      A quote attributed to my Grandpa Wagers
    • jpl1.618
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Wage, do you like college football? If so, I'm launching an upgraded version of my website next month which is an incentive-based college sports contest site. We have a small community where us fans make predictions on games..then some cash prizes, points and accolades are awarded to winners. It makes the season a lot more fun to follow and, of course, it's free to join and play. If interested, I'll send you the link at the start of the season which is about five weeks out.

You are one of the toughest guys I've ever read about and I will be so glad when you beat this thing. Hang in there a little longer and we'll be right here ready to welcome back the better than ever Wage!

John
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Heck yeah! I "live-For" College Football season each year! I am a die-hard LSU Tigers fan and I also like the Arkansas Razorbacks.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

NFL football is also a passion for me! I love the Saints! I also root for the Cowboys, Packers and Broncos. But my favs are LSU and the Saints!
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I am SO Glad that I will be in the hospital during football season this year because it will give me something to look-forward to each week!
    • Last Edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Robert D. Wagers.
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
    • jpl1.618
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• The lock-out ended just in time so you won't miss a thing. I'm most passionate about college football but I like the pros too. My favorite teams are Kansas State(where I went to school), Oklahoma and the San Francisco 49ers for the pros.

I think LSU is picked to be one of the top five teams in most polls this season so LSU fans could be in for a special season. I've always thought LSU has the best D-Line year in and year out which is the hardest unit to build in CFB.
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I used to live in Wichita, KS. So, I know all about K-State. I'm not really a fan of them, I used to proudly display my LSU Colors everywhere I went. They hated my for that! I do the same thing in Little Rock too! But I am a minor HOG fan as well so I don't run it in their noses as much here!

You can bet I will be Strutting my PURPLE and GOLD (LSU colors) everywhere while in Nashville!
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Well I guess I am "signing-off!" I am pretty much packed and ready to leave tomorrow.

Thanks again for reading my blog and a BIG thank you to the "Big Kahuna" Andy for letting me blog here during this time of difficulty! It helped more than you all will know!

Ok, that's it!
      I'll see you all on the "Other-Side!"
      Wage
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• Good luck Wage!
  • Re: Update on Wage

• Wage,

Keep that smile no matter what even though it will be extrememly difficult. My wife's gone through the riggers of Cancer but nothing like what you have described to get you better.

You're stength of character will see you through this.

You're in my thoughts and wish you well.
    • www.jointplan.co.uk - Small Business Website Design
    • WBoro
    • Hero Rocketeer

• May God bless you, Mister Wagers.

Greg

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds