Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Re: A SMF Question

Re: Re: A SMF Question

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • We get a lot of bang for our bucks here. Andy does an incredible job and his work is consistently amazing. In addition he is an active member in this forum and works very hard to accommodate requests by members for future templates. He is very regular in releasing these templates and they are all different - not the same old thing over and over. That takes more time, effort and creativity.

I am not sure if people have looked around at the individual prices of templates elsewhere. But the deal here is great. I never joined the SMF club - I am just playing around with SMF now for the first time. But if I wanted one from Rocket Theme - I think $30 is more than reasonable for even one - just for all the time and work that goes into creating them. I am not a professional and I am not rich. I just believe people should be compensated for their work, otherwise they will not likely be available in the future. People can burn out.

I personally think that if/when Andy decides to do anything different with those templates - he should be adequately compensated. Even if there is a fee for individual SMF templates. We get an awful lot here for what we pay - and I know we all want Andy to be able to continue the great job he does here. JMHO
    • Red
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• $30 for a template is a big risk!

Not something I would do.....(Not trying to sound like a tight.....) ;)
    • urj2ic8
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Feathered Wonders wrote:
      We get a lot of bang for our bucks here. Andy does an incredible job and his work is consistently amazing. In addition he is an active member in this forum and works very hard to accommodate requests by members for future templates. He is very regular in releasing these templates and they are all different - not the same old thing over and over. That takes more time, effort and creativity.

I am not sure if people have looked around at the individual prices of templates elsewhere. But the deal here is great. I never joined the SMF club - I am just playing around with SMF now for the first time. But if I wanted one from Rocket Theme - I think $30 is more than reasonable for even one - just for all the time and work that goes into creating them. I am not a professional and I am not rich. I just believe people should be compensated for their work, otherwise they will not likely be available in the future. People can burn out.

I personally think that if/when Andy decides to do anything different with those templates - he should be adequately compensated. Even if there is a fee for individual SMF templates. We get an awful lot here for what we pay - and I know we all want Andy to be able to continue the great job he does here. JMHO

i agree ;)
    • Billy Zoellers

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds