Re: A SMF Question

• urj2ic8
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Re: A SMF Question

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • Flipsider wrote:
      Billy Zoellers wrote:
      Flipsider wrote:
      I think after the ShutDown you should be able to buy single smf themes for about 10-20 and after about 3-6 months they should be $ 5.

whats the big deal guys. just pay 30 dollars, and you'll have access to all the great templates. seems to be a steal to me already.

you should have to pay the same that smf club members paid. simple as that.
      Chillout, the big deal is that not everyone wants to pay 30 bucks for only 1 theme. Too bad you paid 30 bucks already, but if you wouldnt have paid yet, you would definetly want this feature.
      So... simple as that.

well it's really up to andy, but i don't know how people who have already paid 30 dollars will feel about that.

i don't think 30 should be a problem for anybody, for even one high quality smf template, much less access to a repository of many.
    • Billy Zoellers
    • Jordan
    • Elite Rocketeer

• The future templates won't be as featured as these ones....
    • urj2ic8
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Flipsider wrote:
      The future templates won't be as featured as these ones....

that makes no sense, what you you mean.
    • Billy Zoellers
    • Jordan
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Billy Zoellers wrote:
      Flipsider wrote:
      The future templates won't be as featured as these ones....

that makes no sense, what you you mean.
      That doesnt make sense either.

If im correct, I read that the templates after shutdown will mostly only be good in wrapping them into joomla.
      If that's going to happen people who only use SMF or people who don't want to wrap them into joomla - will have nothing they want.

• Ok here is my opinion.
      The people who paid for smf got what they paid for the smf templates.
      Now that its closing why throw them out. Im not saying just give them out free to random people.
      But I am a paying Joomla members so I just think they should be available for us instead of throwing them out.
      Ya the people who paid for smf might be disappointed but hey stuff happens and you still got what you paid for and there not being available to the public just the already paying members.

Maybe if its a big deal they can be available to 1year members with forum posts over 150.
      idk just a thought.
    • urj2ic8
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Chris DiCosola wrote:
      Ok here is my opinion.
      The people who paid for smf got what they paid for the smf templates.
      Now that its closing why throw them out. Im not saying just give them out free to random people.
      But I am a paying Joomla members so I just think they should be available for us instead of throwing them out.
      Ya the people who paid for smf might be disappointed but hey stuff happens and you still got what you paid for and there not being available to the public just the already paying members.

Maybe if its a big deal they can be available to 1year members with forum posts over 150.
      idk just a thought.

agian, i think you should still have to pay 30, because maybe some club members just wanted one, but they still had to pay 30.

and they're not being "thrown out" members will still use them.
    • Billy Zoellers
    • Jordan
    • Elite Rocketeer

• its great that you paid 30 bucks for ALL templates. But still, you yourself would love all the Ideas that are in this thread if you would have paid yet.
    • Youyou
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Chris DiCosola wrote:

You're really clever
      ah ah ;D
    • Jordan
    • Elite Rocketeer

• very very :)
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• first off, andy decides what does and doesn't happen with the smf themes when the club actually does close

and i should have locked this thread ages ago .... >:(

but, if you pay to be a member of the joomla template club then you get the joomla templates and quite honestly you get a helluva lot for what you're actually paying (on some sites you'll pay the equivalent to the annual membership fee here for one template). if you wanted the smf themes you should have joined the smf club.

and i cant leave this one, but just because you post over a set amount doesn't constitute special privileges here or any forum and actually one of the most helpful posts i've ever read here was by a member who has still to reach the 10 count after a year!

stuff happens though chris you're right, but as the old saying goes 'you shall reap what you sow'

don't always look for an angle
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds