Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Future of RT?

• Re: Future of RT?

Posted 1 month 4 weeks ago
    • I second that request. If the products are abandoned, can we have them open sourced so that others can fork them?

Was Mark in any way tied to the releases in the Joomla Template Club, or just as moderator of the forums? And are these forums even moderated anymore, or are they just the wild west? I ask because the pinned posts on the main page are all old and out of date.

I am still hoping to find anything for the latest Joomla versions to manage templates better than the native tools (if there really are any). I don't mind paying, but I kinda want it to be more of a quid pro quo.

Posted 1 month 4 weeks ago
    • One thing I *WILL NOT* do is change from Joomla. I'll change to a different template provider and abandon Gantry if I have to.

However, InspireTheme.com is running and, apparently, keeping everything up to date. I've changed one site to one of their templates. I like RocketTheme better, mind you, and would rather keep most of my templates RT. But the future is really in doubt, obviously.

DAS

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago
    • Hi Riccardo,

I don't think that's the answer personally. WP is crap in comparison to Joomla [sorry for the WP lovers] and Grav is not as feature rich yet from what I have seen even though it is an interesting CMS.

Joomla has never been in a better position - J5! is great and it just won again Best FREE CMS and Best Open Source CMS.

However, what needs to happen is TRANSPARENCY.

We understand tragedy, we understand business decision what we do not understand nor should be subjected to is weeks, months of nothing... no updates, no news, no information.

We love RocketTheme but it's not showing the love back.

IF it is a financial situation, [which is doubtful] then let us know and maybe we do a fundraising (even though we have already paid subscriptions :/) to help out and get Gantry 5 to be Joomla 5 compatible and Templates updated to J5!

But if you don't tell us anything HOW can we know ?! the only thing that is happening is speculation, and people talking badly about RocketTheme ;(
    • The following users have thanked you: RacerFX

• I 100% agree with you! Moving to these other CMS packages is not the answer -- Joomla is fantastic. But transparency is needed. I was at first defending RocketTheme, but now I fear that no one is steering the ship.

There are other options, though.

DAS

• While there are OTHER options, they are all costly in time to switch over - while if we could just upgrade to J5! with the an updated template, it would be minimal work...

:/ I hope SOME reaction comes out of RocketTheme.

• It's also just not practical to change the CMS because of a content provider. Understanding the RocketTheme "business" is difficult: Who owns it? Where is it located? Is someone actually still there? It's very baffling. We do need high transparency at this point.

What I plan to do is post again on InspireTheme.com about where they are at. They are Gantry-based. They claim they are carrying on, so that I want to confirm and until RT has a message out about the future, I'll definitely be moving to those templates as I think they are all at J5 at present.'

DAS
    • The following users have thanked you: Quenda, StrataCorps, Ousset

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds