Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Future of RT?

• oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

Future of RT?

Posted 5 months 2 days ago
    • There has been no news on what you want to do for months now.

Many ask for explanations but there is no answer.

If you are going to close or otherwise let us know, some have been your customers for more than 10 years and have supported you constantly and deserve an answer about it.

Not responding only pushes everyone away and turns to others and if your intent is to continue in some way I don't think it's a positive tactic.

Greetings
    • The following users have thanked you: Fabian Pabst, Kingsley, Helmut Müller, Stian Skaget, adsoma, Grzegorz Wójcik, mediterrania, Nicola Fleming, RacerFX, tgath COM_KUNENA_THANKYOU_MORE_USERS

• Re: Future of RT?

Posted 4 months 2 weeks ago
    • Same feeling here...

Been with RocketTheme for years now... I bought Premium Support a week ago, and nobody has answered yet... eventually I had to hire someone else for help...

I do hope they get back on their feet...
    • The following users have thanked you: oceano

• Stian Skaget

Posted 4 months 1 week ago
    • This has been discussed and it is an ongoing issue. Tough to figure out what's going on.

I'm still a fan of RT, but it seems rather rudderless -- and it's very difficult to figure out the company structure, if there is one.

DAS
    • The following users have thanked you: oceano, Jeaneve

• adsoma
    • Rocketeer

Re: Future of RT?

Posted 3 months 4 weeks ago
    • (I deleted the post in order to quote properly)
    • Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by adsoma.
    • adsoma
    • Rocketeer

• oceano wrote:
      There has been no news on what you want to do for months now.

Many ask for explanations but there is no answer.

If you are going to close or otherwise let us know, some have been your customers for more than 10 years and have supported you constantly and deserve an answer about it.

Not responding only pushes everyone away and turns to others and if your intent is to continue in some way I don't think it's a positive tactic.

Greetings

I agree.
      I wanted to take advantage of the Christmas sales to renew my membership, but I decided to wait.
      I think it's time to move on.
      Sad, very sad.
    • The following users have thanked you: oceano

• R.Dekker
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• About a year ago, when I cancelled my subscription after ~15 years, I wrote in this forum:

Andy Miller wrote years ago: "...I think Joomla will need to make some radical development decisions in order to stay relevant ..." I think this also applies to RocketTheme.

The situation is very similar to K2 from joomlaworks.
    • adsoma
    • Rocketeer

• Maybe, just maybe RT is moving to ONLY WordPress.

You can see some templates updates here:
      rockettheme.com/product-updates
      But only WP, not Joomla.

BTW: Since I have a Joomlart subscription (there are a lot of third party compatibility issues), right now I'm subscribing to joomshaper.com, it looks promising.
      I'm sad watching RT dying, but it is what it is and you have to anticipate the facts.
    • The following users have thanked you: Antimidas

Posted 3 months 2 weeks ago
    • The fact that their last blog article is dated 22 November 2021 should have been my first clue before renewing my subscription. I am about ready myself to just throw in the towel - especially since I only use it for my own blog which I also find difficult to have time to maintain. So I understand a small shop not keeping currrent. But at least let people know before paying for a subscription. Or stop taking their money until there is something new to take it for.

Thanks for the link to joomshaper.com.
    • The following users have thanked you: RacerFX

• oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 3 months 2 weeks ago
    • Nobody answer and i think is rude BTW. Sorry Guys but is true.
      Matt seem answer in the other part of the forum, I'm sure someone of RT read this post but deliberate don't answer and is not respectful vs people that use their template for years.

Up to them engjoy see us ask whitout an answer.

Farewell
    • The following users have thanked you: Jeaneve

• Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 1 month 4 weeks ago
    • Mark's death highlighted the change in RT's policy towards the Joomla platform, which had been underway for some time. I do not address the strategic and economic considerations that may have led RT to this change in direction, which I acknowledge and respect.
      This is an indisputable fact that is now clear to all webmasters of these forums who use RT and Gantry as the backbone of their work. Gantry5 is also suggested for Grav and WP.
      For this reason, I ask the RT CEO whether current Joomla developer subscription holders could also be granted access to the other two platforms. I propose a total subscription 2024 that allows those who have a Joomla Developer Group subscription to switch to another of the other two CMS. In my opinion, this would be the right support for those who have chosen Joomla (like me since 2009) and are now forced to switch to another CMS compatible with Gantry5. For resellers and designers like me, this means learning new skills and working long hours to migrate client sites to the new CMS. I think it's the least that RT can do to give regular customers like us a chance to do it without risking Gantry5 being abandoned too.
    • The following users have thanked you: RacerFX, Antimidas

• Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds