Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

joomla 5

• platon

joomla 5

Posted 6 months 3 weeks ago
    • Are in pland to upgrade tmeplates for joomla 5?
  • Re: joomla 5

• Yeah, that's something I was just thinking about as well.

Over at Akeeba, they have versions now that works in both Joomla 4 and the Joomla 5 beta, and it sounds like the 'step up' isn't going to be as severe as it was with 3 to 4. It would be good to know if existing Rockettheme templates for 4 work with the 5 beta.
    • Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
      Download Valentina Studio database management for free (macOS, Windows & Linux)
      www.valentina-db.com

• I wouldn't mind know either. I assuming Joomla 4.4 won't be an issue with the current set, but I wouldn't make taking a few sites to 5.0 because of the multi-domain/site feature.

Posted 6 months 2 weeks ago
    • I think I read somewhere when J4 was on the horizon, that part of it's goal was to keep forward compatibility and upgrading easier. IF so, that might help with templates and theming!
      I could be wrong :D
    • The following users have thanked you: fw114

Posted 6 months 1 week ago
    • Jeff Keller wrote:
      I think I read somewhere when J4 was on the horizon, that part of it's goal was to keep forward compatibility and upgrading easier. IF so, that might help with templates and theming!
      I could be wrong :D

Yeah, that's why I was asking. If Rockettheme templates are functioning fine on the Joomla 5 beta then maybe that will give RT a bit of breathing room to get back on the ball to where they were before 2022. If they are broken then its a problem for suggesting RT templates.
    • Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
      www.valentina-db.com
    • tgath
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: joomla 5

• All seems well with my J4.4.0 updates and Rocket Theme templates as long as I keep them at php 8.0. When I upgrade to php 8.1 they break. I read the email from Karol Orzel about testing the new Gantry version (5.5.17) with php 8.1 and it works! I am very encouraged by that email as it came from 'Rocket Theme'. I was very excited to see a communication from the company....

The Gantry topic is listed on the forum at rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-framework/2...ntry-needs-your-help .
    • Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by tgath.
    • Rod
    • Elite Rocketeer

• That's encouraging. Yes, I saw that previously.

It doesn't address the Joomla 5 issue though.
    • Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
      www.valentina-db.com
    • Mark59
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 6 months 5 days ago
    • Ive done a test site with Joomla 5, using Studious and Gantry 5.5.16... and all looks OK on my test website. I did a J5 update from 4.4
    • The following users have thanked you: tgath, platon

• platon

Posted 5 months 2 weeks ago
    • I have tested joomla 5 on aquatik and studius, perfect!!!

but on studius on my another site I have 500 error and a message says that no gantry framework found!
    • The following users have thanked you: tgath, Eleftheria Newspaper

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds