Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

joomla 5

• platon

Re: joomla 5

Posted 5 months 2 weeks ago
    • Is anybody that has similar issue about grantry not istalled?
  • Re: joomla 5

• My concern is, and I could be wrong, is that there hasn't been any new themes made available or any updates since 2022. If I look at product updates the last one was on 6/14/22. If I were to renew my subscription it wouldn't make any sense to do so until some type of response as to what is planned for the future. The latest blog entry dates back to October 6, 2020. I first purchased their themes on August 21, 2009, so it's not as if I haven't supported them in the past. I'd just like to get some answers so I can plan for the future.
    • The following users have thanked you: emedia, Rafael Rebollo Alonso, mediterrania, tgath, ariely

Posted 5 months 1 week ago
    • I'd like to know if I can update to Joomla 5 without problems.
      I'd like to receive any reply from the RT team, please
    • The following users have thanked you: Dr Oliver Brock

• Hello Matt,
      although I got no response to my last email regarding the future of RT and the compatability of the J4 themes/templates, I took the plunge and subscribed today for another year. I hope the money will
      not be lost:
      When I scan the subjects in the whole forum, most of the last posts were coming from MrT, who apparentrly is a great loss to RT.
      Also all the recent forum questions re support, future adjustments or even newe developments were not answered officialy.
      Dont you think the RT communitiy deserves a decent answer about RT´s future... even if you´re still having consultations or even preparing contracts for the ongoing future of this wonderful product... it would be more than nice and adequate to bring the user community (many them are earning money with those RT products) to a new status and win new customers by keeping the site current.
      Best regards
      Oli
    • The following users have thanked you: Lynn Fredricks, mediterrania, tgath, ariely

• tgath
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Just got that yesterday on a site as I tried to update to J5. I restored to the site to J 4.4 from backup and walked away. I thought it was operator error on my part but maybe not if you got it too ....

Site URL: kennedyhardwood.com
      Template: Acronym (v1.5.0)
      Gantry 5.5.17
      Database Version 10.6.16-MariaDB
      Database Collation utf8mb3_general_ci
      Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
      Database Connection Encryption None
      Database Server Supports Connection Encryption No
      PHP Version 8.1.25
      Web Server Apache
      WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
      Joomla! Version Joomla! 4.4.0 Stable [ Pamoja ] 17-October-2023 16:00 GMT
    • platon

Posted 4 months 2 weeks ago
    • solved joomla 5 - all my sites are on joomla 5, after updating, check gantry system and compatibility plugin, then upadate language, then all is ok
    • The following users have thanked you: Dr Oliver Brock, Justin Geering

• How did you do that? Just updating? Which templates do you have in use? Any tricks?
    • platon

• NO tricks, just what I wrote, after the update to joomla 5, you have to update the language and check ig gantry and compatibility plugin is on

I use a lot of templates as aquatik, studius, koleti
    • T White
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I have 3 sites running Joomla 5.0.1 with template Elixir that I upgraded from 4.4.1 with no issues. I also have one Joomla 5.0.1 site using Callisto and one Joomla 5.0.1 site using Denali, both which were upgrades from Joomla 4.4.1.

Just make sure your template is the latest version, and Gantry 5.5.17. And of course, check your extensions.

Also, I did change in advance line 31 of templates/rt_(template-name)/html/layouts/chromes/gantry.php
      $moduleAttribs = $module->position . ' moduletable ' . htmlspecialchars($params->get('moduleclass_sfx'), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
      to:
      $moduleAttribs = $module->position . ' moduletable ' . htmlspecialchars($params->get('moduleclass_sfx', ''), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');

The hardest part was getting the correct PHP 8.1 extensions configured on my vitural server. On a shared server, this should not be an issue as I found providers usually include all extensions avaliable. Using Inmotionhosting as provider.
    • Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by T White. Reason: changed 5.1 to 5.01
    • The following users have thanked you: Justin Geering

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds