• Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: Open letter to Ryan et al.

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • Klaus Deisenhofer wrote:
      Hello JMDonald,

my englisch is also not the best.

But i totally agree with you! One Joomla Template in about 8 Weeks is inacceptable for Customers that have a Subscription.

Thank You!

We hear you. If you haven't already, please check out my responses throughout this thread. 8 weeks is NOT our goal. It just happened to occur this time around because we had some delays with design and then the theme just happens to be a very big theme with lots of particles in it.

We're doing things with this new theme we've never done before. That means paving a new road and coming up with solutions. It takes time, but it will be much better for that time than it would be if we just shoved something out quickly.

We hope you understand that this was not our plan. We are taking steps to try to speed up the process for future releases.
    • The following users have thanked you: Klaus Deisenhofer, djSoft

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • djSoft
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks for your job.
      in the past rocket theme develop also some bonus theme, maybe you can ask for improve some bonus theme again.
      we all need more design template, we use gantry4 template like miriad or chimera for many site, but gantry 5 for us don't have the same appeal.

I think that a book for all the particle, like joomla extension is very useful for us.

grazie
      ciao
      Antonio
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by djSoft.
  • Re: Open letter to Ryan et al.

• Grzegorz Wójcik wrote:

You need a library of particles.

Agreed!
    • Grant
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Development

• Thank you Ryan for your thoughtful response. I also appreciate everyone who has taken the time to voice their thoughts here. I'm sure our voices have been heard.
    • Love Joomla! & RocketTheme.
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Grzegorz Wójcik wrote:
      1. Pagebuilder from joomshaper.com is much weaker than G5. Unfortunately at this point the templates are better.

I do not agree with you because we speak about something else. My view is from common user view. Maybe Pagebuilder is weaker for the coder but for a normal user it is much easier and quicker. But I am not coder I am only user. I want only use it. I do not speak only about Joomshaper. I bought Quix Pagebuilder from Themexpert, I tried Joomlart Pagebuilder that is probably most easier and the web can be build very quick - in few minutes. It is impossible with G5. You have to learn G5, not Pagebuilder. I tried PB from - Joomlashine, JoomlaCK, RS Joomla and they are all similar some are better some are worse (paid vs free). But they all have something common - they are very easy and quick for build website. When I have Pagebuilder I can make several templates from any free template that will look very similar as paid template from RT or Joomshaper or ... or ... in few minutes. And PB costs less then half of 1 year template subscription. So I am thinking now I only buy PB, because I save money, time and my nerves:).

Common user does not know much about Pagebuilder but I think once it is spread most people will use it. People who I showed it do not use anything else (for example you do not need any extensions, everything is in Pagebuilder). And even if you did not see Joomla, you can use it. But if I give to anybody who does not know Joomla a web build on G5 they have one week to learn it and still they do not understand it and they will ask me how to do things... And I say again I cannot use it either because I am not a coder. I only helped some friends from non profit organisations to create a web.

When I need for example parallax to the template that does not have parallax or any other particle to use in other template, I have a big problem. I must learn G5, I have to copy some piece of code etc. etc. It will take for example few hours (and I shortly forget it because I do not use it often) If I get it and if I do not get it it will take me few days to solve it in the forum. But when I use Pagebuilder, I download and install it in few minutes and I can have parallax and more then 40 "particles" in few minutes on any template from any developer.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by radek.
    • The following users have thanked you: Terp

• Radek, I am sorry, but I find your post inappropriate and slightly ignorant.

You are comparing a free (and superior) framework to a paid builder tool? Certainly you must know that the framework for Joomshaper is called Helix3? Any comparison needs to be between these two.

You pay nothing for Gantry 5 and hence your expectations are peculiar.

I find it inappropriate to use the forum of RocketTheme to “advertise” the paid subscription of another company. It must be the templates of RT and the support of RTs staff that keeps you going here. Couldn’t be the framework ;)

Radek - without a doubt you are an important contributor to these forums, but this last post of yours I find inappropriate. I am sorry.

Edit: I assume you did not refer to the Light version of the PageBuilder, that is way crippled beyond any practical use.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Martin Hansen.
    • Grant
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Development

• I'd like to tack on to this thought. I think it is understandable that others have mentioned competitors in expressing ways to make inprovements but it feels there is a moral line we should adhere to in not promoating other company's while laying out our ideas here. This is a RocketTheme thread on their forums. I'm all for expressing how we can improve Gantry5 and saying we want a faster turn around of templates and a particle importing system. It would be against my thoughts of fairness that we promote anything other than that. We move together.
    • The following users have thanked you: oceano

• Love Joomla! & RocketTheme.
    • radek
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Martin Hansen
      I think you do not understand my post. My EN is not good and I use translator and my friend. I dont do it any advertise because I mentioned few Pabeguilder developer and I did not share any link. And next I mentioned free Pagebuilder too. I did not say PB = framework. I only want to people from RT have a look on their competitors - almost all from them have own framework and own Pageguilder too. I wanted to RT were thinking about own pagebuilder because it is good solution. It is quicker and easier then G5 - it is just true. You do not need any extensions, any particles. RT can have PB from me and other common user and G5 for coders and very advanced user. I do not want to lear any piece of code. I want - click, made something, save, done. I do not want - click, I will find out I cannot do it, I look at the forum, I look at the Google, I look at the documentation, I still cannot find the solution, I write on forum, I hardly copy piece of code, when I am lucky, I have it done. Then I need to do it again after 4 weeks and I try to remember how I did it, because I do not remember it...

So I think you are lightly ignorant because you do not understand me and you judge me. And I wanted to spent my money here not for Themexpert or any other company. But what I can do when PB is much easier for me? Here is no pagebuilder, here is no template for few months. Here is G5 and it is too complicated for me.

I am photographer and conservationist. I am not a coder. I will never be a coder. I do not want be a coder. I will use what is easier for me. But I am still here at RT. I am still wait and wait and wait.

The next thing is I have Joomla subscription from RT - G5 is included in template. It does not matter that G5 is free. Because I have to use it when I use RT template. Inspiretheme use G5 - paid G5 particles. So G5 is not only free.

And my thoughts was only for Grzegorz. I wanted explain him why I use PB. Why PB is for me so important.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by radek.
    • oceano
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I prefer Ios, is much better, can you guys made android same?
      Than Ios is more fast, most secure, you guys at android you can't compete at all
      Ios is more easy to use, I want that android be the same.
      I'm a stupid user, code is something I can eat for dinner but really i don't understand were is difficult G5, my daughter yesterday she play whit it and she made a page for her friend look video of cartoon...she is 8 years old :).

BTW you prefer use another framework? use it, what the problem? you want made website in 5 minute? ( i want see one of this how much they are complex and good) do it whit this and that.

Is like go in one shop and said " hey in the shop in front they sell this more chip!" ok why don't just go buy in front?

THis is a free era whit a lot of alternative, find one you like and use it. Easy.

• My fault also. But there is no way to discuss features without comparing other tools.

I design many pages. That's why I need an extensive tool - Gantry5. The first year of study was heavy.
      Gantry5 can also be used like PageBuider. G5 has a wonderful function - inheritance. This allows you to design a pagebuider page faster to edit it.

But pagebuilder is suitable for small websites only.
      Gantry 5 combines what is in the helix3 is separate - template layout and pagebuilder.
      In my opinion, Helix 3 is not well thought out. Gantry 5 is a harmony. This is why I am here.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds