Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Theme admin area conflict (mootools.js)

• Roz
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Theme admin area conflict (mootools.js)

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • I have to say yet again, how unhappy I am regarding your lack of any real interest in getting this fixed, every day, more people are turning to managed wordpress hosting like Pressable so more and more your Gantry become less and less compatible, especially now that I know how little you care. This is YOUR problem, NOT pressables. It is YOU that needs to sort it out, Since I am paid support, I expect you to at least act like you care and not pass me along with some lame server version numbers as if Pressable support will find out your problems with that basic info. They will tell me it is your problem, that Gantry is incompatible and send me back to you. You are simply pawning me off to another support group becauase you cant, or wont figure this out!

If that is, in fact, what you are doing, I want a refund for the $$$ I paid just to get Damir to actually respond to my request for help within a weeks time. Utterly RIDICULOUS.

Ive grown more and more dissapointed with your outdated framework, and this sinches it. Truth is, Im never going to even consider RocketTheme frameworks any longer, nor can I recommend something that hasnt be worth the costs since Gantry 5 came out. WP technology is passing you by.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Roz.
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• Roz wrote:
      I have to say yet again, how unhappy I am regarding your lack of any real interest in getting this fixed

I'm terribly sorry it hasn't fully resolved your problem, but it is not for lack of care. We do care, but we can't solve the issue if we are working with a closed system we don't have access to.

As for the length of time between your renewal and our reaching this point in the troubleshooting process, Damir has been working on this issue for some time, attempting to replicate it on a similar server setup, and researching the issue. He's put several hours into it and ultimately found that he hit a point where the hosting provider is the only stone unturned.
      Roz wrote:
      This is YOUR problem, NOT pressables.

All indications, as we are unable to replicate the issue using the same files and same server configuration you are running on with out issue, is that something unique to your hosting is at issue. Often, this is a configuration fix on the part of the hosting provider, or something as simple as a conflicting htaccess or other file somewhere in the mix.

It's a closed system, so we can't properly troubleshoot it without the feedback from the hosting provider and we can't, due to privacy laws, call your hosting provider and demand they give us details about your private account. You wouldn't want them to be open to that kind of phishing, as it would mean anyone could call pretending to be us or any other third party and make changes / get information about your website's hosting.
      If that is, in fact, what you are doing, I want a refund for the $$$ I paid jsut to get Damir to actually respond to my request for help within a weeks time.

Please email us using our contact form for any refund / cancellation requests. We do not handle these in the forum, again for privacy reasons.
      Ive grown more and more dissapointe3d with your outdated framework, and this sinches it, truth is, Im never going to even consider RocketTheme frameworks any longer, technology is passing youo by.

Gantry 4 is long in the tooth, we agree. This is why we have developed and are migrating themes over to Gantry 5 - which is not only not outdated, but utilizes the latest in theming tools. Gantry 4 is supported, and will continue to be for the next two years, but does not represent the latest version of the Gantry framework.
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • Roz
    • Hero Rocketeer

• It would seem a refund on my wasted $ is all that I can do, and to dump the last of my RocketTheme themes. The idea that you cant do anyting because its behind a close network and yet you refuse to communicate with them (and Im sure they would be super helpful) spells out to me, that you dont really care.

Thanks for nothing, tell Damir he doesnt have to reply with some lame response 6 days from now to make me feel like he is doing something.
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• Roz wrote:
      It would seem a refund on my wasted $ is all that I can do, and to dump the last of my RocketTheme themes. The idea that you cant do anyting because its behind a close network and yet you refuse to communicate with them (and Im sure they would be super helpful) spells out to me, that you dont really care.

We can't communicate with them because we are not their clients and they have privacy policies and laws that protect your account from us calling them and asking them to give us access. I'm sure you wouldn't want just anyone to be able to call your hosting provider and tell them to give them access to their accounts / files / private logs / etc. That would be a serious breach of security.
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Roz I did what I could and the time that I had to do it. I did invest 5 hours of my time to test your site and my localhost and my own server, and there it worked as it should, why it wasn't working on pressable i can't figure it out.

Also, I am not a dev of the framework just a Moderator on the forum who is helping people with stuff that I can solve. Sorry for dellay on my part.

Regards
    • Available for CUSTOM WORK with Joomla, WordPress and Grav Templates and Gantry Framework!
    • Roz
    • Hero Rocketeer

• So I wanted to let you guys know that Pressable.com techs said that Gantry is incompatable with their (and others) hosted Wordpress servers and that there is no plans to find a work around. Turns out it is GANTRY that is going the way of the Dinasours.

The only reason I never moved up to Gantry 5 is because it was so horrible to work in, when it came out, I checked out. Now, the last of my Gantry based website themes will be pretty much going in the trash and written off to history with the likes of CompuServe, Atari and MySpace.

Thanks for helping me realize why I gave up on RocketThemes

Cheers
      Roz

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds