Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Can we vertically span rows in Gantry 5 Layout?

• SOLVED Can we vertically span rows in Gantry 5 Layout?

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • I'm using Gantry 5 in Joomla 3.51, and building up a template based on Hydrogen.
      In the template header, I need put in an image that vertically spans 2 or 3 rows/grids. The rows have other image or custom html particles in them. So far, the only way I have been able to vertically span multiple rows is to crop the vertical image into sections that match the vertical height of each row and put that cropped image into an image particle in each row. That way I can build up a vertical image that spans multiple rows.

(Note that Roksprocket disabled the animation in my custom html particle in the header. Actually Roksprocket disabled the animation javascript in my Atom, but the effect is the same in that my animation disappears from the custom html particle in the header, so I cannot use Roksprocket. See www.rockettheme.com/forum/free-joomla-st...-js-atom-in-gantry-5 ).

Back to my question, is there a way to vertically span multiple rows/grids in Gantry 5 Layout manager? Should this be a requested enhancement?
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Pinto Buck.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Can we vertically span rows in Gantry 5 Layout?

• Re: SOLVED Can we vertically span rows in Gantry 5 Layout?

• Thank you very much for your solution about creating new sections similar to the Topaz template. I checked out the template and documentation that you referenced.

I needed to span an image vertically over 3 rows in a section, and I needed to move the image hoizontally to abut with other images that were not as tall. As a quick workaround, I cropped the image into 3 pieces, put each peice in a separate particle, and put one particle in each row. Then, I used drag and drop to line the image pieces up vertically so that they reconstituted the whole image.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds