Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Does RokSprocket disable Custom CSS/JS Atom in Gantry 5?

• SOLVED Does RokSprocket disable Custom CSS/JS Atom in Gantry 5?

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • I used Gantry 5 Custom CSS/JS Atom to create an animation in a Hydrogen duplicated template. The method is described here: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=925340 . It was working fine until I installed RokSprocket. As soon as I installed RokSproket and created the module, the animation disappeared from the front end. When I disabled, the Roksprocket module, the animation reappeared on the front page. It was like flipping and on/off switch.

After, disabling the RokSprocet module, then I could not enable the Roksproket module again. However, when I reinstalled RokSproket, the module was enabled, and my animation disappeared from the front end page, again.

I have tried using different RokSprocket layouts that should not cause a problem with images. I tried tabs and headlines, but the animation still disappeared. I tried positioning the Roksprocket module in the footer, and then in the Main, but the animation still disappeared from the template header as soon as the Roksproket module was created.

Info: I'm using Joomla 3.51 auto installed by a major web hosting service.

Thank you for any advice.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Pinto Buck.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Does RokSprocket disable Custom CSS/JS Atom in Gantry 5?

• No roksprocket does not disable custom css/js but some of it's CSS may be overriding your own.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Does RokSprocket disable Custom CSS/JS Atom in Gantry 5?

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Pinto Buck, moderators and administrators
    • Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Pinto Buck.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Does RokSprocket disable Custom CSS/JS Atom in Gantry 5?

• So I added a roksprocket module to the page in the debug position just so I could see the issue. You script is giving a JS error "Too much recursion". Roksprocket obviously does it's own processing too so I guess your script plus roksprocket is just too much for the browser to cope with... but the problem lies with your script not roksprocket.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Does RokSprocket disable Custom CSS/JS Atom in Gantry 5?

• It looks like I will not be able to use the flash animation (converted to HTML5) in a template and use RokSprocket, too. Thank you for the anlysis and response.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds