Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cache path not defined for compiled files!

• Cache path not defined for compiled files!

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • shepcenter.com/test_jshep2/

When the site is visited, the message and error page " Cache path not defined for compiled files! " is displayed. I can reload the page and it goes away.

How do I define the path for compiled files?

Thanks.
    • I probably did something wrong.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Cache path not defined for compiled files!

• Your site works for me? I tried many times and it always works?

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • R A
    • Rocketeer

• I am having the same issue. I get an error page with this:

BadMethodCallException

Cache path not defined for compiled files!
      Open: /site/htdocs/libraries/gantry5/classes/Gantry/Component/File/CompiledFile.php

* @param mixed $var
      * @return string
      */
      public function content($var = null)
      {
      if (!static::$cachePath) {
      throw new \BadMethodCallException('Cache path not defined for compiled files!');
      }

When I reload, it goes away. I have "development" set on in the error reporting settings for the site so I am assuming that's why the error message is so detailed. It appears to be when the gantry cache is initially cleared. I do not have site caching enabled or any other caching plugins enabled.

I have the tmp directory set as not the default but it works fine for everything else (it's just up one directory from the root htdocs folder, in the example above, it would be /site/tmp)
    • The following users have thanked you: Gordon Sutton

• Re: Cache path not defined for compiled files!

• Thank you R A for explaining it better than I could.

It only happens on the first time the page is loaded. If you wait long enough it will happen again, like the servers temp cache has been reclaimed.

Furthermore, when you reload the page the headers and footer are shown but no content. The third time you load the page, the content will then show.

Tricky to recreate and explain, but it does happen.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Hmmmm, both myself and our lead developer can't reproduce this. Obviously this make it much harder for us to fix. What we need is a consistent way of reliably reproducing this issue - apparently "random" issues are very difficult to diagnose. If you guys can come up with a reliable method of recreating the issue then we can investigate further for you. Please give us as much info as you can regarding the circumstances that lead up to this issue manifesting itself.

Some more suggestions:
      1. did this happen right after an upgrade?
      2. can you try deleting /templates/xxxx/custom/css-compiled (where xxx is template name) and see if error happens then (the directory will be recreated again after).

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• deleted css_compiled. Same error.

It only happens the 1st time the site is accessed. This is a test site and I am the only one using it. The template corrects the error the first time a menu item is clicked. Any activity before that and it does not show any content but does show the header and footer modules.

If you access the site first you could see it in action. Let me know if you want to set this up and what permissions you require.

Thanks,

Gordon
    • Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Gordon Sutton.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok - believe it or not that's good news (at least we can reliably reproduce now on your site).

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.
      Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.

• Information you requested is in secure area.
      Any problems, let me know.
      Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I have raised a git issue about this https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/478 .

As yet we just don't understand why this happens.

At least you can track progress now on the issue ticket.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds